Obama pledges 28% cut in carbon emissions from US

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
If he and Michelle stop wasting our money on separate jets for every whim they have it will give a little credence to his claims to care about the environment.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-32136006

So...I guess more industry is moving to China.
China is curtailing its use of coal. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...all-major-coal-power-plants-to-curb-pollution

Beijing, where pollution averaged more than twice China’s national standard last year, will close the last of its four major coal-fired power plants next year.

The closures are part of a broader trend in China, which is the world’s biggest carbon emitter. Facing pressure at home and abroad, policy makers are racing to address the environmental damage seen as a byproduct of breakneck economic growth. Beijing plans to cut annual coal consumption by 13 million metric tons by 2017 from the 2012 level in a bid to slash the concentration of pollutants.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
This is fully covered by reductions in emissions due to the curtailed executive branch vacation trips when he leaves office.

edit: Gr8hope beat me to it :)

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
China is curtailing its use of coal. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...all-major-coal-power-plants-to-curb-pollution

Beijing, where pollution averaged more than twice China’s national standard last year, will close the last of its four major coal-fired power plants next year.

The closures are part of a broader trend in China, which is the world’s biggest carbon emitter. Facing pressure at home and abroad, policy makers are racing to address the environmental damage seen as a byproduct of breakneck economic growth. Beijing plans to cut annual coal consumption by 13 million metric tons by 2017 from the 2012 level in a bid to slash the concentration of pollutants.
I'm hearing China has partnered with Tokyo Electric to build multiple nuclear reactors.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
You need to brush up on your Arabic. Those boys down at the 4 Way all speaking English now?
Left out one little letter and of course you point it out. :) They actually speak English very well. Better than some of the natives. Personable too.

I asked the Yemeni BossMan, Mike, if he was worried about his family in Yemen-he says he has a wife and seven children still in Yemen. He said he was not worried. His family is very large and no one will mess with them. He says they live far out in the country.

His nephew Zack (like that's his real name) left for Yemen last week. Zack has been stuck in Turkey because the Yemen airport is closed. Zack says that the Koran does allow for the burning of people in cages and that reports of ISIS atrocities are exaggerated.

Another nephew has suddenly appeared. He says ...... the Iranians. He likes the Saudi intervention. He hopes the Saudis kill most of the Yemenis!:eek2: Says all his countrymen do is fight with each other.

These folks must have some money somewhere. Zack, who is a clerk at the Maysville Chevron, flies to Turkey and stays in a hotel while waiting entry to Yemen!

The live simply here. They share a rundown trailer and share one car.

They did tell me that Obama will not be leaving office at the end of his term.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I wish Obama was the President of China. I'd much rather he transform China than the US.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.