Tyren Jones Charged with Marijuana Possession

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
These kind of distractions can be devastating. Yeah, CNS needs to get a handle on these players. Have guys like Ingram and Hightower come back and talk to these guys and show them the opportunities that are in front of them. Something. Anything.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
................ and so it continues!! Why do these guys with God given talent, blow it for a little weed or a drink or two over the limit? Are they that short-sighted?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just wanted to say sorry to hear this - been a rough week.

I guess if it's going to happen it's better now than during the season.

These kids are really screwing up a great opportunity to play at Alabama....

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Words of disgust escape me.

I can't believe we have guys throwing away a free education
Guys throwing away at least a shot in the Pros...

Nasty temper, Drugs, Alcohol, ect...

This week resembles tryouts for an Alabama version of 'The Longest Yard'.
I'm very disappointed.
I don't blame our coaches, we can't put a coach in every players back pocket.
My final statement on this mater is that these guys made decisions that playing football at Alabama didn't matter as much to them as pursuing their own personal demons. SHAME ON THEM.
They have thrown away an opportunity thousands of young guys would give anything for. SHAME ON THEM...

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
I don't know about others, but I've had ENOUGH. To me, zero tolerance means zero tolerance. Next incident - first, 2d or whatever, send 'em packing. I wonder why some of the senior or other "leaders' on the team are helping the coaches herd some of these problem kids....

TerryR

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2011
Wetumpka, AL
I don't know about others, but I've had ENOUGH. To me, zero tolerance means zero tolerance. Next incident - first, 2d or whatever, send 'em packing. I wonder why some of the seniors or other "leaders" on the team aren't helping the coaches herd some of these problem kids....
Edited...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Knew he was gone right when I saw this. He made it too easy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
If you heard CNS the other day it REALLY didn't sound like he was very positive on Tyren making it back. He said he had a lot to do before that would happen. Reading his body language said "Ain't NO way" all over it. Wasn't surprised at this outcome at all. Some dudes just never get it. Blessed by God and waste it chasing demons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I don't know about others, but I've had ENOUGH. To me, zero tolerance means zero tolerance. Next incident - first, 2d or whatever, send 'em packing. I wonder why some of the senior or other "leaders' on the team are helping the coaches herd some of these problem kids....
The thing is... Jones got caught after Taylor was kicked off the team and Geno Smith was arrested for DUI. After all that he decided to drive around with pot on him. That's so unbelievably stupid that he should have been kicked off even if it was his first offense.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..My bad & take full responsibility..Lesson learned & will never speak of it again..LOL..Seriously though..Just as soon as I give our Boy compliments for staying out of trouble & out of the news..They prove me wrong & I hate to see it..I trust Coach Saban will take care of it & get our Boys attention during Spring Practice about doing the right things away from the football field, there comes a point & time, when our Boys have to act like they're adults, cause while they may be young, they are "Young Adults" & need to make the right decisions when temptations comes their way off the football field..

Being a member of a high profile university like Bama, what they do away from the football field, is magnified x's a 1000 when they break any laws & their mug shots will be plastered on the news nationwide whether or not it's fair to them or not..It comes with the territory of being a college football player on one of college football's biggest brand names & playing in one of the most popular sports on the planet..

TideMan, didn't you jinx us the other day by saying it was quiet?:wink::biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.