Tyren Jones Charged with Marijuana Possession

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The thing is... Jones got caught after Taylor was kicked off the team and Geno Smith was arrested for DUI. After all that he decided to drive around with pot on him. That's so unbelievably stupid that he should have been kicked off even if it was his first offense.
I said earlier a lot of the GA kids keep getting into trouble. Freitag, Smith, Jones, Taylor. Weird!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
No, not me. I speak out against their thugs just like I do ours. Thugs are thugs no matter what color they wear.
I think he was simply pointing out that in his opinion we have absolutely no standing from which to project a holier than thou attitude when other schools have players that get in trouble.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I can't believe we have guys throwing away a free education
Guys throwing away at least a shot in the Pros...

Nasty temper, Drugs, Alcohol, ect...

This week resembles tryouts for an Alabama version of 'The Longest Yard'.
I'm very disappointed.
I don't blame our coaches, we can't put a coach in every players back pocket.
My final statement on this mater is that these guys made decisions that playing football at Alabama didn't matter as much to them as pursuing their own personal demons. SHAME ON THEM.
They have thrown away an opportunity thousands of young guys would give anything for. SHAME ON THEM...
IMHO, in most cases, it goes back to how one was raised.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
About the only thing helping me keep my bearings is that I remember Coach Saban winning an SEC title when his starting QB got hurt in the SECCG against a national title contender (2001 at LSU) and got us to the playoff last year with an unheralded and unproven QB presumed to be a back-up and a rough mid-season. If anyone can navigate the shoals he's it.

But Lord, you don't fly your plane right into a snowstorm just because you believe it'll turn out okay, either

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Let me say I was at Walton high school Monday doing work and had a chance to speak with the Athletic director MR WILLIAMS ! and I ask him what was his problem, He told me that his dad had told him TYREN was not going to class, hanging out late, being stupid. He also told me Tyren, really didn't do nothing stupid while in high school,BUT OF COURCE YOU HAD YOUR PARENTS OVER YOUR SHOULDER !!!! We need a couple of guy's hired by the coaching staff that spy on the kid's keep a ear open, and when they start to slip, BUST THEM IN THE A**. Tyren, was not the THUG type coming out of high school, he was more the preppy well dress kid. I think once he has gotten to bama and around some of the BAD CULTURE THUGS, (AND WE DO HAVE THEM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE) He has went a little buck wild. There has been more that he has done, but I am not going to discuss this on here. Hey, we will get thru it.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Quite apart from the obvious reaction to this - on top of recent events - gonna miss those sweet feet of his...

Looks like sweet leaf trumps sweet feet in his case...

Sickening...
Will you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I was just trying to have fun.
In this case it's like I was told as a young un, "If you hang with trouble you will be in trouble".
Brandon Hansberry is a thug and now he has made Tyren Jones look like a thug. As we go thru life we are constantly having to make choices that will have a great impact on how we spend the rest of our lives.
Tyren Jones made a bad choice and now he will have to live with it. I hear Gus is looking for a thug running back. Good luck Tyren.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Jones was hanging out with a dealer. Are there possibly other players hanging with this dealer. Even if not there had to be other players that knew Jones was hanging with the dealer. Also, there had to other players, even if not involved with him, that knew that Frietag was a dealer. Does there need to be a larger investigation of the department and a general house cleaning? Or is this just the way things are now and I am just an old codger that does not know anything about anything?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They were driving and speeding stoned. With their impaired judgement, they could have run over a kid.
"Stupid Law"?
You surely didn't mean that.
sip
That wasn't what BiB was saying. He didn't say driving while stoned is a stupid law. He was meaning pot being illegal is a stupid law.

Also, where did you get they were stone? Can't find that anywhere. They had pot and a scale in the car, but I don't see where they were actually high.

Jones was hanging out with a dealer. Are there possibly other players hanging with this dealer. Even if not there had to be other players that knew Jones was hanging with the dealer. Also, there had to other players, even if not involved with him, that knew that Frietag was a dealer. Does there need to be a larger investigation of the department and a general house cleaning? Or is this just the way things are now and I am just an old codger that does not know anything about anything?
Where is Frietag involved in this? I didn't see his name in the report.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Georgia players that have had issues while at Alabama since Saban's first recruiting class in 2007:
Jeremy Elder
Michael Bowman
Ronald Carswell
LaMichael Fanning
Geno Smith
Kurt Freitag
Dillon Lee
Kenyan Drake
Jonathan Taylor
Alvin Kamara
Tyren Jones

Georgia players that have not had issues while at Alabama since Saban's first recruiting class in 2007:
Darius Hanks
Jonathan Atchison
Chance Warmack
Kellen Williams
Brian Vogler
Blake Sims
Austin Shepherd
Adrian Hubbard
Xzavier Dickson
Adam Griffith
Dakota Ball
Brandon Greene
Dalvin Tomlinson
Ty Flournoy-Smith
Johnny Dwight

The Georgia players we barely knew...
Jennings Hester
Chris Jackson
Devonta Bolton
Darius McKeller
Parker McLeod

The reason there are so many players from Georgia that have had issues while at Bama stems from the fact Saban has recruited so well from the state.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Georgia players that have had issues while at Alabama since Saban's first recruiting class in 2007:
Jeremy Elder
Michael Bowman
Ronald Carswell
LaMichael Fanning
Geno Smith
Kurt Freitag
Dillon Lee
Kenyan Drake
Jonathan Taylor
Alvin Kamara
Tyren Jones

Georgia players that have not had issues while at Alabama since Saban's first recruiting class in 2007:
Darius Hanks
Jonathan Atchison
Chance Warmack
Kellen Williams
Brian Vogler
Blake Sims
Austin Shepherd
Adrian Hubbard
Xzavier Dickson
Adam Griffith
Dakota Ball
Brandon Greene
Dalvin Tomlinson
Ty Flournoy-Smith
Johnny Dwight

The Georgia players we barely knew...
Jennings Hester
Chris Jackson
Devonta Bolton
Darius McKeller
Parker McLeod

The reason there are so many players from Georgia that have had issues while at Bama stems from the fact Saban has recruited so well from the state.
Very interesting, '91...

Thanks...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
^^ Hmmmm . . Roughly 1/3 of Georgia players have "issues."

Maybe I was wrong to say it is wacky to label them or group by behavior based on state of origin.
Of the 26 Georgia kids who have spent extensive time in the program, 11, or 42.3 percent, have run into problems. No one is saying all Georgia recruits are bad seeds, but that's more than a smidge.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Of the 26 Georgia kids who have spent extensive time in the program, 11, or 42.3 percent, have run into problems. No one is saying all Georgia recruits are bad seeds, but that's more than a smidge.
Agreed, and more than just a function of Coach Saban's recruiting success in Georgia. If that were the case, you'd expect roughly 42% of all recruits to run into problems. That hasn't been the case, by a long shot.

If you heard CNS the other day it REALLY didn't sound like he was very positive on Tyren making it back. He said he had a lot to do before that would happen. Reading his body language said "Ain't NO way" all over it. Wasn't surprised at this outcome at all. Some dudes just never get it. Blessed by God and waste it chasing demons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would think with things going on in the world.... Never mind, common sense isn't common.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.