JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Marshall out, Taylor back in? Crazy day in Bama athletics
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
April 2nd, 2015 12:21 AM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief April 1, 2015 It’s not everyday the story of a player being kicked out of the program shares space with a story about a basketball coaching search, but welcome to April Fool’s Day 2015. Alabama received word late Wednesday that Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall had turned down Alabama’s coaching […]

Read More Here

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My guess is that CNS said I don't want to hear your name mentioned unless it is during the PA at Bryant-Denny. I doubt the 100 lb girl punched a hole through the door and I know the cops in Tuscaloosa don't detain players or anyone unless there is suspicion something occurred. That said, I can't help but remember that dude from Georgia that went to jail and had his career destroyed and it was a complete lie. Taylor though does have a very sketchy resume even without the DV allegations which are a HUGE story in today's sports world,

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I will wait until all facts are released (if they ever are), but thanks Jess for the perspective. No one on here even knows all the circumstances of the first case, let alone this one, and people just cloak themselves in that lynch-mob mentality. Let the legal process do what it's supposed to do. It's CNS' call, ultimately; I wasn't thrilled with his first decision here, but I understand why he made it. Everyone deserves a second chance - I'd be willing to bet there aren't that many saints on TF. However, third chances should be rarely granted in any case, IMO.
I agree, someone potentially losing a career over a lie is unacceptable. We just don't know yet if that's the case here.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I will wait until all facts are released (if they ever are), but thanks Jess for the perspective. No one on here even knows all the circumstances of the first case, let alone this one, and people just cloak themselves in that lynch-mob mentality. Let the legal process do what it's supposed to do. It's CNS' call, ultimately; I wasn't thrilled with his first decision here, but I understand why he made it. Everyone deserves a second chance - I'd be willing to bet there aren't that many saints on TF. However, third chances should be rarely granted in any case, IMO.
I agree, someone potentially losing a career over a lie is unacceptable. We just don't know yet if that's the case here.
Great post, great perspective.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
{thanks} {like}

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Good points in the column. My opinion is that if Taylor is not allowed back on the team, then I figure that one of the requirements of zero tolerance may have been to just don't date, period. If I were him, I would have stayed completely away from women, just hang with teammates, and play Xbox.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Good points in the column. I figure that one of the requirements of zero tolerance may have been to just don't date, period. If I were him, I would have stayed completely away from women, .
I don't think zero meant that's the number of girls he was allowed to date. That is not a reasonable expectation for a collage age male.

He can still prevail all the way to the NFL (pending certain legal outcomes) although his path has been narrowed considerably. I just don't believe it will go through the University of Alabama.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
You said it twofbyc, this lynch mob mentality some people have is helping to ruin this country.
Your opinion is your own, but there's big difference between a lynch mob and legitimate concerns over his admission. Besides, the most detail-obsessed coach in the country looked at this independently and asked the player to leave. He knows the facts. The rest of us are projecting what we want the facts to say.

Last edited:

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Your opinion is your own, but there's big difference in a lynch mob and legitimate concerns over his admission. Besides, the most detail-obsessed coach in the country looked at this independently and asked the player to leave. He knows the facts. The rest of us are projecting what we want the facts to say.
You are correct, my opinion is my own and it's as valid as yours. And as far as I can tell the only ones projecting are people who think they know the facts and proclaim there are legitimate concerns over his admission.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
You are correct, my opinion is my own and it's as valid as yours. And as far as I can tell the only ones projecting are people who think they know the facts and proclaim there are legitimate concerns over his admission.
"lynch-mob mentality"? You're right. No projection in that. We could discuss it further, but first I need to find some rope.

Last edited:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I'd be interested in hearing the takes of EVERYONE who is as familiar with ALL the details of this case as Coach Saban.

All others......not interested.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.