If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback in 2016?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Yes, but unless I present in sunshines and rainbows form some people think I don't give him any chance. I have reworded it and reworded over and over if they don't understand it this time then they are just trying to get a rise out of people or they are so drunk on the crimson kool aid that anybody who doesn't flat out say " AJ mccarron will beat out Andy dalton because Andy dalton is obviously a crappy quarterback since he has been on a juggernaut bengals team that has been to four playoff games and lost to teams like the colts and the texans even though AJ hasn't thrown a properly inflated nfl football while a player like jj watt is trying to decapitate him." Is labeled as a hater in their mind. These are the same people that couldnt get over when people were worried about our secondary after the West Virginia game last year and still weren't convinced after the auburn and mizzou game. Say anything objective or other than bama is unbeatable with players that are all going to be successful nfl starters on Super Bowl teams and it hurts there feelings.
Why is you feel the need to throw water on anything anybody says nice about AJ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why is you feel the need to throw water on anything anybody says nice about AJ? Inquiring minds want to know.
I didn't start this and I have no problem with people saying anything nice about AJ . He won't let the issue die. Many people have said they don't think AJ will overtake dalton but could possibly get a starting job down the line. He is stretching by making it seem that many people think dalton is the greatest qb in the nfl while AJ doesn't have a chance . No one has said that is the point and this thread keeps on being brought up after long dead periods. I don't mind opinions that are different from mine but I'm tired of stretch accusations of what people actually say. At first I passed it off as he didn't understand what I meant but after thoroughly explaining it and conversations I know differently.
So again I don't mind praise for AJ but stop stretching at the opposite sides opinions

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ill believe it when I see it. Dalton has still taken the BENGALS to 4 straight playoffs, and that is a feat in itself. I just dont see McCarron doing it. While you can say that Tom Brady and Dan Marino were taken way late in the draft, there are far more stories like Graham Harrell and Ricky Stanzi stories than the few that were way overlooked. I personally think AJ is the latter of the two. There has to be a reason he dropped that far in the draft with him being at at a team like alabama and the accolades he had. I hope AJ does get a chance, but I think it would be extremely stupid for the Bengals to try to get rid of Dalton at this point.
This was the 3rd post in this thread and first negative posts about AJ. Not sure how you could say you did not start it when this post lets us all know how you feel about AJ (there are several others where you make similar comments about AJ). Anyway, good luck to AJ and I'm really happy he is feeling healthy and confident.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This was the 3rd post in this thread and first negative posts about AJ. Not sure how you could say you did not start it when this post lets us all know how you feel about AJ (there are several others where you make similar comments about AJ). Anyway, good luck to AJ and I'm really happy he is feeling healthy and confident.
Dude just let it go. Because again I explained it over and over. No one has taken it as hard as you. I was also referring to there is a reason it wasn't exactly a travesty that he dropped so low as it was for Brady and Marino and and that I didn't think he would overtake dalton at this point. Never did I say he sucks or couldn't be a starter or any of the sorts. So again you are reaching

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Dude just let it go. Because again I explained it over and over. No one has taken it as hard as you. I was also referring to there is a reason it wasn't exactly a travesty that he dropped so low as it was for Brady and Marino and and that I didn't think he would overtake dalton at this point. Never did I say he sucks or couldn't be a starter or any of the sorts. So again you are reaching
I think you are the one that needs to let it go. I think there are several other posters who feel this way too. I will move on and again good luck to AJ.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think you are the one that needs to let it go. I think there are several other posters who feel this way too. I will move on and again good luck to AJ.
Im Moving on but stop saying that everybody who goes with the odds is a hater, hates AJ, or is saying dalton is the greatest qb ever and I have no problem with it. That is my one and only issue, otherwise we can have good conversations. TRUCE?

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

The difference between winning some games and being champion? AJ McCarron has it, Bengals cornerback says

Cincinnati cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones got a good look at quarterback AJ McCarron across the line of scrimmage during the Bengals' offseason program, and he figures the former Alabama signal-caller has something going for him that will never show up on the stat sheet.

"McCarron looks really good," Jones told Geoff Hobson, the editor of Bengals.com. "The other guys have their spurts, but he's got the 'it' factor. The kid's a winner. You can tell he's been working on his ball strength from last year and this year. You can never underestimate the 'it' factor, regardless of what anybody says. It's the difference between winning some games and being champion. That's my opinion."

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Re: If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

Maybe not the greatest source but at least some truth here. Yea AJ had a lot of great talent around him, but he made a bunch of big time plays and throws for Bama - a bunch. He's probably a bit underrated by Bama fans, including me, at the moment; at least partially because he relaxed his loose canon mouth a bit, post career.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Many times a QB needs that cocky confidence to lead a team. It can be rather brash during normal times but invaluable when it's time to execute a winning drive. I think AJ has some of that.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

AJ with a very good first half.

*I am in no way, shape or form an insider and have never claimed to be.*

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

Is the game on TV? Or Over? That's a great half regardless.
I'm not getting it on TV. Just saw the highlights. I think it's halftime..

*I am in no way, shape or form an insider and have never claimed to be.*

Last edited:

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
Apparently Dalton was hurt at the end of the first drive and AJ went in for the rest of the first half. He was in for the first possession of the 3rd quarter. They are about to start the second possession.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Apparently Dalton was hurt at the end of the first drive and AJ went in for the rest of the first half. He was in for the first possession of the 3rd quarter. They are about to start the second possession.
Dalton has a "sore neck" but Marvin Lewis says he was fine that he left the game as a precaution. AJ seems to be putting up better stats than Cutler.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.