If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback in 2016?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Dalton is out of the game with a thumb injury. AJ will finish the game vs the Steelers. Let's see what AJ can do..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I guess we saw what AJ can't do?
I want to see it again, but I think the receiver didn't help him any on that pick six. Should have been a stronger throw, but receiver could have worked back. Two TD's in first real action ain't bad.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep. 22-32 for 280 yds 2 TD's, 2 ints is not bad but he needs to eliminate the int's and he will be good to go.
I'm not going to be too harsh on him with his first real opportunity for real time action. There's a difference when you know it's all on you. Only then will we know if he has what it takes...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I want to see it again, but I think the receiver didn't help him any on that pick six. Should have been a stronger throw, but receiver could have worked back. Two TD's in first real action ain't bad.
It's more on James Harrison about to kill AJ on that pick than anything. Yeah you could make the argument that the receiver didn't break hard but that was more good defense than anything.imo. He didn't play bad but he has a lot of work to do. I hope he does good.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Apparently AJ is taking heat on twitter because he said this was how Brady got his start. People need to calm the heck down since that is how Brady got his start. In no way is he saying he is the next Tom Brady

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Apparently AJ is taking heat on twitter because he said this was how Brady got his start. People need to calm the heck down since that is how Brady got his start. In no way is he saying he is the next Tom Brady
AJ still hasn't learned that it is best to keep quiet and let your playing do the talking. I doubt he meant to insinuate he was like Brady but why given people the ammunition?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
AJ still hasn't learned that it is best to keep quiet and let your playing do the talking. I doubt he meant to insinuate he was like Brady but why given people the ammunition?
I don't see nothing wrong with what he said... I thought he gave a great example. Folks need to stop getting upset over little thing

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't see nothing wrong with what he said... I thought he gave a great example. Folks need to stop getting upset over little thing
If you are referring to his Tom Brady comment, then I agree that it wasn't bad. But if you are referring to his comments last year, and his pre draft talk then I say anyone that takes issue with those have a legit reason.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Hopefully AJ cuts down on the INT's. However, as a Steelers fan, I have no issue if they go 0-3 to finish the season...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.