If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback in 2016?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
AJ's looking pretty darn good tonight. Not sure if he plays like this if he will get a starting job, but he's definitely extending his time in the league.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

Yeah, I don't see it. Not this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Until Dalton does something in the post season, I don't see how the Bengals can make that move.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
AJ is playing very well so far. Continuing to make plays to keep the chains moving.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Re: If the Cincinnati Bengals 'wake up,' could AJ McCarron be their quarterback i...

Until Dalton does something in the post season, I don't see how the Bengals can make that move.
I would guess they'll hang on to him until they either (a) part ways with AD and hand AM the keys, or (b) get good value for AM in a trade

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I love it when AJ shut's up a home teams fans at their stadium with long methodical drives like he did so many times at Bama..It's fun to watch that's for sure..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I would guess they'll hang on to him until they either (a) part ways with AD and hand AM the keys, or (b) get good value for AM in a trade

the only downside to AJ getting traded is that it would most likely be to a bad team.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't see it happening this season. It depends on how they will handle Dalton going forward. If AJ is hot tonight, and Dalton is ready next week, They may go with AJ as he is hot right now... If AJ takes them to superbowl... Then Bengals are in diffcult situation.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I don't see it happening this season. It depends on how they will handle Dalton going forward. If AJ is hot tonight, and Dalton is ready next week, They may go with AJ as he is hot right now... If AJ takes them to superbowl... Then Bengals are in diffcult situation.
I could understand it if AJ was having problems handling the offense, but, he looks like he's got control over this offense & the rest of the team is feeding off AJ..The Bengal's offense is looking just as good as any offense in the Pro's right now & they're doing it in one of the harder places at Mile High Stadium..Makes no sense in breaking up the momentum the offense has with AJ, but, I've seen it happen a few times in the NFL..If they do bench AJ for Dalton..I hope AJ gets traded to a team that will build their offense around him..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Dalton's their starter, A.J.'s their backup. What's all this trade talk????
They're not trading either one of them.
A.J. is performing well, very well. He's an outstanding QB, as he has proven.
But right now he's still the back up at Cincy and they're waiting and hoping for Dalton to get well before the playoffs.
That's not shot against A.J.. He has been incredible.He's outstanding.
But they're paying Dalton millions, and they're going to play him if at all possible.
Use that thinker.
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

If AJ has a few more of these games, they'll trade one of them.
Yup..QB's that has a hot arm in the NFL is a big trade commodity for teams that's in need of a QB to lead their offense..It's obvious AJ is ready & matured enough in the NFL to lead an offense, he's not going to want to stay a backup & needs to be traded while his value is up.. NFL QB's has that window when they can play at a high level & AJ is in that window now..He definitely needs his own offense if The Bengal's keeps Dalton as their starter..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just FYI, the trade deadline was several weeks ago in the NFL. Any trade or roster move wouldn't happen until next year..

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
McChampionship put in a great first half. Let's see him finish it up if opportunity presents itself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.