Framework for a Nuclear Deal with Iran: apparently agreement

TRUTIDE

All-SEC
Oct 14, 1999
Spanish Fort, AL
Watching some of the debates on this, it is depressing. Republicans grandstanding with no hope or intention of standing up and acting on anything. Dems just hugging the party line. Reid starring them down, making sure the Sheep don't step out of line. Do Dems have any constituents that follow any issues? The stuff they are saying is pretty far out there. How can they believe what they are saying? Has Iran turned over a new leaf? Has the IAEA suddenly become legitimate or even efficient?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Knowing what we know now.....I do not know if the treasure lost was worth it. I feel for the families of the lost soldiers and for the soldiers that returned home maimed. There were all kinds of reasons for us to go into Iraq. Not just WMD's like most want to think. We needed to go in and take out Saddam. We just should not have stayed and did the whole nation building thing. Our hands were tied and we could never effectively fight and protect our soldiers. We never really knew who the enemy was or who we were protecting. There was mixed responses from the Iraqi people. The initial attack was a success. The rest turned into a mess. We should have left some troops behind but not tried to make them like us. That just is not happening. I do not blame Bush for going in but he was not decisive enough after the initial attack and tried to please too many people.
There is evil and necessary evil. Sadaam was the latter. As bad of a human being as he was, he served a purpose. He kept Iraq under control, and Iran fearful of being attacked. Obama and bush 2 are two of the worst presidents when it pertains to foreign policy, and both had no clue of what Iraq is. Sadam was Tito 2.0, in which he controlled a bunch of people that hate each other that lived in one country, and unbiasedly disposed of them when they got out of line. He did have a special hatred for the Kurds and Iranians, but the point is he controlled a lawless country by fear and was darn good at it. Taking him out, and/ or not replacing him with an equally effective power has led us to where we are today with Isis and Iran

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Apparently, Iran selling its enriched uranium instead of diluting it, thus undermining the international CP regimen.

A report from TASS. Be warned, this link takes you to a Russian English-language news article. If you do not want your IP address registered with the FSB, do not click on this one. Bottom line: even the Russians, who currently get along well with Iran, admit that Iran is selling enriched uranium. They just don't see a problem with that.

What a sweet deal.

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Apparently, Iran selling its enriched uranium instead of diluting it, thus undermining the international CP regimen.

A report from TASS. Be warned, this link takes you to a Russian English-language news article. If you do not want your IP address registered with the FSB, do not click on this one. Bottom line: even the Russians, who currently get along well with Iran, admit that Iran is selling enriched uranium. They just don't see a problem with that.

What a sweet deal.
Once again lines are drawn and they walk right over them. No wonder there is no belief that we will do what we say. I know I sound like a broken record, but it frustrates me to no end.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Once again lines are drawn and they walk right over them. No wonder there is no belief that we will do what we say. I know I sound like a broken record, but it frustrates me to no end.
Yes, and just like clockwork, when Tel Aviv or New York disappears beneath a mushroom cloud, NBC/CNN/CBS/ABC news will immediately come forth and proclaim, "Gosh, when President Obama was president, no cities got nuked. Now that we have the new guy (or gal) in the White House, look what has happened."
They push the "selective moron" button, or are extremely cagey, depending on the agenda being pushed.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
To give credit where credit is due: Iran has agreed to release Jason Rezaian.
We are getting four American, they are getting six Iranians, and the release of $150 billion dollars, which I am sure they will put to peaceful purposes.

Of course, there is another way to get Iran to release American hostages:
This government wants Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead.
, but the Obama approach has resulted in hostages being released without bloodshed.
Of course, at $150 billion and a six for four swap, it also sends a signal to other hostage takers around the world to start grabbing Americans, but in this case, returning the Iranian money and six Iranian knuckleheads to Iranian control, and getting four Americans has worked out peacefully. I'm not sure it is a good deal, but it is a deal.
Don Rickles said:
Who knows, maybe he's a Republican.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
To give credit where credit is due: Iran has agreed to release Jason Rezaian.
We are getting four American, they are getting six Iranians, and the release of $150 billion dollars, which I am sure they will put to peaceful purposes.

Of course, there is another way to get Iran to release American hostages: , but the Obama approach has resulted in hostages being released without bloodshed.
Of course, at $150 billion and a six for four swap, it also sends a signal to other hostage takers around the world to start grabbing Americans, but in this case, returning the Iranian money and six Iranian knuckleheads to Iranian control, and getting four Americans has worked out peacefully. I'm not sure it is a good deal, but it is a deal.

Obama grants clemency to seven in Iran deal

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...an-deal-obama-grants-clemency-to-seven-217879

...and now you know some of the rest of the story. There are others who received pardons.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't open the comments. If I need to delete I hope a moderator will let me know and I will.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't open the comments. If I need to delete I hope a moderator will let me know and I will.
yeah, the article was fine, i just got to the end and hit the comment button. i guess i was surprised a well read site like politico wouldn't moderate their comments somewhat.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
yeah, the article was fine, i just got to the end and hit the comment button. i guess i was surprised a well read site like politico wouldn't moderate their comments somewhat.
I'm pretty sure there's at least one link on every website that leads ultimately to an example or two of profanity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.