NFL Hires First Female Official

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-nfl-hires-sarah-thomas-as-its-first-female-official-040315

The NFL is hiring Sarah Thomas as its first female official, according to a Baltimore Sun report.
Being the first woman to officiate at different levels is not new for Thomas.

She worked for Conference USA in 2007 and in 2009 became the first woman to officiate a bowl game.

She has been in the NFL's Officiating Development program and worked a preseason game last season.

"I set out to do this and get involved in officiating not having any idea that there were not any females officiating football" Thomas told NFL Network. "Being a former basketball player, you saw female officiating all the time. So, no, I don't feel like a pioneer."

Thomas was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi. She played basketball in college at the University of Mobile. After school, she played on a men's team in a church league.

And the Replay Officials be like.....

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-nfl-hires-sarah-thomas-as-its-first-female-official-040315

The NFL is hiring Sarah Thomas as its first female official, according to a Baltimore Sun report.

She worked for Conference USA in 2007 and in 2009 became the first woman to officiate a bowl game.

She has been in the NFL's Officiating Development program and worked a preseason game last season.

"I set out to do this and get involved in officiating not having any idea that there were not any females officiating football" Thomas told NFL Network. "Being a former basketball player, you saw female officiating all the time. So, no, I don't feel like a pioneer."

Thomas was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi. She played basketball in college at the University of Mobile. After school, she played on a men's team in a church league.
Good for her. If she gets the calls right, I don't care if she's Bruce Jenner.
If she gets the calls wrong, I don't care how she looks or what chromosomes she has.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

And the Replay Officials be like.....

At which point GLAAD called a press conference to denounce the NFL's inability to hire the first openly gay official.

Here's the simple thing with being an official: if you did your job right NOBODY knows your name. And nobody cares what your chromosomes are, either or whom you sleep with outside of the stadium (or inside if that's your fetish - looking right at 92tide right now).

The only time you even know an official's name is if something went wrong. The reason everyone knows Tom Ritter is because he's an incompetent goof.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My only issue is that I think officials should have experience playing the sport they are working. I do not have a problem with a woman ref at a men's basketball game if she is a former basketball player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.