Bo Scarborough injured - confirmed torn ACL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If not given a medical redshirt, is it possible he could play in 6 months or so? That is generally the recovery period for such an injury.
Well, I thought I'd clarified the "medical redshirt" issue above. The first redshirt is just that. It doesn't matter if it's for medical reasons or lack of development. It counts as a redshirt year against eligibility. OK? Now, for the six months. That's wildly optimistic. "Recovered" doesn't mean back to the former level of performance. We've had players who took a full two years. Ordinarily, I'd be concerned about psychological factors, but he's gone through it with the other knee, so that's to the good for his prospects. After mine, I was never comfortable again with high-speed downhill skiing. I was a lot older when I had my surgery, though...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Bo Scarborough injured...might be ACL. NOT GOOD

That is a very tough break for that young man. He already sat out last year, and now this happens. When his rehab and waiting are over, he should be one mentally tough individual.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

It wouldn't be applicable in this case. When a redshirt is taken, it doesn't matter what the cause is. However, then, if he played in two games season after next and re-injured any body part, then he would be allowed to apply for an additional redshirt year and, if he met the quarters played criteria, those are generally granted...
ncaa rules...the rule against perpetuities is easier to figure out.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I really like this guy's attitude. I hope his luck changes and he never has any more of these incidents. I am sure I had seen some posts that indicated this was not a severe(?) tear? Has there been any confirmation about that. What I am fishing for is that he may be well enough by September 5th to contribute against Wisconsin.
That would be great for Bama, not so much for the Badgers.

Roll Tide!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Lot of people are saying that he'l lbe redshirted... and I'm thinking... Maybe he wont... Surgery today, May, June, July, August, September, October... so I'm thinking He could return by 3rd game.... or He could be redshirted so theyre careful with him. It really depends on how bad the tear were.
I really like this guy's attitude. I hope his luck changes and he never has any more of these incidents. I am sure I had seen some posts that indicated this was not a severe(?) tear? Has there been any confirmation about that. What I am fishing for is that he may be well enough by September 5th to contribute against Wisconsin.
That would be great for Bama, not so much for the Badgers.

Roll Tide!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Theyre saying the early prognois is October... but something tells me he'll be back in August working out with the team...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

The things doctors can do these days is amazing & I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if he did..It would be pushing it for him to make it back, but, we have as good of doctors as any on the planet..It's very much possible..The biggest challenge will be getting past the mental part of using that knee as a plant, when running the ball or taking a hit the 1st few times, the mental aspect of these injuries is as bad as the physical part of these type injuries..

Theyre saying the early prognois is October... but something tells me he'll be back in August working out with the team...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.