Bo Scarborough injured - confirmed torn ACL

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Bo Scarborough injured...might be ACL. NOT GOOD

Big loss. I truly think he would have gotten a lot of carries along with Henry this year. I just think Drake won't get many carries to begin with and I think they ease him back into carries. Scarborough is a legit RB but injuries have been an issue in the past and now they are back. That sucks!!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh! God I couldn't wait to see him this year. Running back position is getting thin. I never thought I be saying that.

Get well soon, Bo!

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Probably not going to get 4 years out of him now. We will be lucky to get 2 if he plays like I expect him to when fully healthy.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Probably not going to get 4 years out of him now. We will be lucky to get 2 if he plays like I expect him to when fully healthy.
i don't think we were ever going to get 4 out of him. three max, but two is a possibility since he sat a year. If he's out the 2015 season we might only see him play one year in 2016 and be done.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Hate to hear this. Hopefully Bo will have a full recovery. I was looking forward to seeing him carry the ball but looks like I'll have to wait a year. I don't expect us to rush him back prematurely.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Bo Scarborough injured...might be ACL. NOT GOOD

Posted this in the spring practice thread. Bo has now tore the ACL in his left and right knee between this tear and the one in high school..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Dang it. He's who I wanted to see this year. Saddened over this one. Get well soon Bo. This has to be the worst spring ever!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
Been following UA football since `58. Trying to remember a worse off season week than the one just past. With the possible exception of Willie Ryals` death, not coming up with anything.

i don't think we were ever going to get 4 out of him. three max, but two is a possibility since he sat a year. If he's out the 2015 season we might only see him play one year in 2016 and be done.
Can't say I would blame him. But I think we'll see two if he doesn't get injured again.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014

​We gonna have enough guys for A-Day?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Really sorry to see this. Terrible injury.

He should be able to get a medical redshirt, right?
It wouldn't be applicable in this case. When a redshirt is taken, it doesn't matter what the cause is. However, then, if he played in two games season after next and re-injured any body part, then he would be allowed to apply for an additional redshirt year and, if he met the quarters played criteria, those are generally granted...

B

BroadwayJoe777

Get well Bo. Everything happens for a reason. Hoping for a successful surgery.
Hang in there.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We all know these things happen in football but man I really hate this for Bo. Hopefully he'll come back stronger. Roll Tide Bo, rehab well!

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
If not given a medical redshirt, is it possible he could play in 6 months or so? That is generally the recovery period for such an injury.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.