Final Four games thread (Duke/Sparty and Bucky/Big Blue)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was pulling for Kentucky cause I've always have respect their B'Ball Program & was hoping that the Big 10 doesn't win the two biggest Championships in one year in the NCAA..I hate the Big 10..
Do you guys really want to see the B1G win the 2 big championships? I can stomach the dukies winning again, just because they are not the B1G.

Hope the game was as good as it sounded on the radio. No cable where I am this weekend. Sounded like UK thought they had it before they did, and paid for it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just goes to show that playoffs doesn't guarantee the best team wins. Officials definitely helped Wisconsin.
They also helped uk with that flagrant no call as well. The more determined team won. It's extremely hard to win a championship. Best of luck to Wisconsin they earned it

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just goes to show, just like in football, the best team doesn't always win. Calipari only has 1 NC at Kentucky yet just about every year he has the most talented team. National championships in any sport are so hard to come by and should be cherished..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Do you guys really want to see the B1G win the 2 big championships? I can stomach the dukies winning again, just because they are not the B1G.
To each their own. I used to pull for the SEC in all things, but came to the realization that just about all the fan bases (not everyone in the fan bases)blast us or they would basically pull for an enemy of the USA before they pull for us to carry the SEC banner. So if alabama isn't at the dance I pull for the most deserving team in my eyes (which is Wisconsin in this situation) or just pull a good game (which it was). I was pulling for Kentucky because I wanted to see an undefeated season, but it wasn't to be. So I'll be saying go Bucky badger on Monday and leave the conference loyalty to the ACC and PAC 12 because with playoffs in all sports I think the credibility of the SEC is well situated.

Ps: I'm not putting down people who do have conference loyalty I'm just saying it is my personal opinion. Also doing the conference loyalty thing brings us to make hard choices when a hated conference has to play a hated SEC team for all the marbles. Poll and see how many people would've pulled for auburn had they made it to the championship to play OSU and you would see what I mean. IMO

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I was pulling for Wisconsin tonight because I love the way they play as a TEAM and their Stars are Upperclassmen which is a throwback to how CBB use to be. Kaminsky and Dekker are just a treat to watch play as well. They just can score. I also would NEVER pull for another SEC team in the Tourney other than 'Bama.

I'm an insane Duke basketball fan as well and think this matchup is Duke's best shot to win NC #5. Kentucky had so much depth while Duke rotates 7-8 guys and only dresses like 10.

I think Wisconsin is the better and more experienced team and will probably win if Dekker and Kaminsky keep shooting lights out but my heart is with my Dukies to pull it off somehow. It's going to be a GREAT NCG no matter what and either team will be the deserving Champion.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I was pulling for history, but you have to love how Wisconsin plays. In the end, Kentucky and Calipari got exposed. Brilliant strategy: With control of the game a basket away, let's dribble for 32 seconds, then go 1 on 5 and fling it toward the rim. And let's keep our best shooter on the bench for the last 10 minutes when his mere presence opens up the middle of the court for Towns. We also watched what we knew the right team could exploit: Cauley-Stein, Johnson and Lyles have no real offensive games.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The best team last night won. I thought the officiating, while not very good, did not favor either team. When you are 38-0 the odds are stacked heavily against you to continue winning, plus the pressure to remain unbeaten took its toll on UK. Hope the Badgers can win one more.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
No dog in this fight, don't care much for basketball anymore...but Andrew Harrison's comment about Kaminsky shows why the team who deserved to win did.
"Sportsmanship does not build character, it reveals it"--John Wooden.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
No dog in this fight, don't care much for basketball anymore...but Andrew Harrison's comment about Kaminsky shows why the team who deserved to win did.
I'm still not sure what Harrison said but I take it that it wasn't good. If Kaminsky would have said a racial slur, the internet would have blown up. BTW, On a scale of 38-1, how disappointed or angry was Harrison after the loss?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I was pulling for history, but you have to love how Wisconsin plays. In the end, Kentucky and Calipari got exposed. Brilliant strategy: With control of the game a basket away, let's dribble for 32 seconds, then go 1 on 5 and fling it toward the rim. And let's keep our best shooter on the bench for the last 10 minutes when his mere presence opens up the middle of the court for Towns. We also watched what we knew the right team could exploit: Cauley-Stein, Johnson and Lyles have no real offensive games.
I have to disagree. Lyles and Cauley-Stein have "offensive" games in different ways. Cauley-Stein's offense is offensive and Lyles behavior was offensive. How that ***slap didn't get called at least a flagrant 1 baffles me, and I still don't understand why the media is construing it as unintentional. It sure looked intentional to me. And frankly, for everyone getting upset about the missed shot clock violation, Wisconsin got away with 2 calls all game (see: the guard who failed to re-establish footing on the court after missing a layup), while Kentucky got at least 4. Refs made a lot of mistakes which favored Kentucky moderately, but not severely. I was thrilled with Wisconsin winning mostly because I dislike Calipari (as I would any coach whose behavior is such that he's had to vacate multiple Final Fours).

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Amen. I have LOVED the Wisconsin players behavior during the tournament, especially in contrast to the behavior of Kentucky's team. Calipari has at least said the right things in interviews and handled it well considering, but Kentucky's players have been much more immature, both on and off the court this month.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I just watched the Harrison video. I don't care what he says now, that was not "in jest." If roles and comments had been switched, there would be a HUGE uproar. Not cool...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Amen. I have LOVED the Wisconsin players behavior during the tournament, especially in contrast to the behavior of Kentucky's team. Calipari has at least said the right things in interviews and handled it well considering, but Kentucky's players have been much more immature, both on and off the court this month.
I agree with this, Doc.

Very disappointing that Kentucky's amazing season has to be muddied by a couple players' lack of character.

It's not just because they are young - there are many 'young' college athletes who know the definition of integrity and sportsmanship.

Congrats to those on the team who have conducted themselves with class - the others who didn't - shame on you!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just saw that there are 4,605 perfect second chance brackets. I am one of those 4,605. I am suddenly not feeling as cocky.

for those that don't know the "Second Chance" bracket is picking the games from the Sweet 16 on.

for those interested I have picked Duke to win by a score of 74-68. I am thinking of changing this score but no sure yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.