Poll: Which SEC school has best football/basketball HC combo?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
There's a good chance we do.

But it's hard to say that when Johnson hasn't coached a game yet, and when he does, it's going to be with a depleted roster. If John Wooden were coaching next year, we still would struggle.

As far as proven coaches, it pains me to say it, but the boogs get my vote.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
There's a good chance we do.

But it's hard to say that when Johnson hasn't coached a game yet, and when he does, it's going to be with a depleted roster. If John Wooden were coaching next year, we still would struggle.

As far as proven coaches, it pains me to say it, but the boogs get my vote.
How depleted is our roster going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Yeah, I'm looking through Crimson colored glasses, but I think it's us.

There's no doubt on the football side with Coach Saban and I think the addition of Avery Johnson is gonna prove to be a home run hire.

TidePhin

All-SEC
Feb 25, 2005
Hoover, AL
Honest opinion on this, Saban/Johnson and Jones/Barnes may be the most stable schools with both sports combined.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Based on last two/three seasons, you would almost have to include Georgia with Riicht/Fox. 8-9 wins in football and not stinking in hoops.

From last season, Arky, with Bielema being respectable and Anderson much better than respectable.

Lousyana State similar to Arky with Miles getting better results and J Jones not so good as Anderson.

Malzahn and Pearl? Won't surprise me to see Pearl having better seasons than Gus in the near future. If he stays clean. A large if , I know.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.