NC2A hoops final: Wiscy v Duke 4/6/2015

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
MONSTER 3-ball from Ty Jones there!!! Coach K needs to stay small here and keep Ja on the bench. Let Ty, Allen, and Justise win this one. Okafor is just outmatched by Kaminsky.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Technology has given us so much......Now we can be 100% sure the officials totally screwed up a 1/2 dozen calls for the Dukies!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
That was a heck of a Title game. Grayson Allen and Ty Jones made HUGE shots in the 2nd half. Okafor even finally made some clutch layups. Allen will be a Star next season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
fun game to watch. back and forth the whole way.

and I finished tied for first in the second chance bracket. i doubt I will win but I guess I will know by the end of this week

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A good game to watch for college BB fans. They say the calls even out, they just don't tell you it may take a couple of games to do so. Wisconsin benefited by some missed calls against UK, perhaps that evened out tonight - perhaps not. With no dog in the fight, I just enjoyed good basketball.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Man Bo Ryan with some serious sour grapes. He's pretty much blaming the loss on refs allowing hand checking in the final 10 mins and how it was unfair to his guys. Also making jabs at programs w/ 'rent a player' philosophies!!! Dude is coming off worse that Art Briles from the Football season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sorry for Bo dancing around complaining over the officials seeing how the only reason he's even in this game was due to terrible college officiating. Give me a break.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I watched most of the game, including the latter part. It seemed to me that Duke's bench length and strength was really the final difference. They could put Okafor on the bench for an extended time and still not miss a beat. Towards the end, Wiscy was playing like a very tired BB team. Their jumpers, in particular showed it - many short, airballs, bricks against the backboard, etc...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saw a tweet that Wisky only had three fouls called against them in the first half (or something like that) but nobody was griping about that at the end of the game.

This comment is directed at nobody in particular in this thread or on this board but here goes: I had trouble following some of the Basketball game threads this year because of the incessant griping about referees being partial.

I realize that "disagreeing with calls" is part of the game (football, basketball, baseball) you name it. Sometimes "bad" calls happen, but in a sense that is part of the game too, and always will be.

I especially detest the attitude that "we would have won the game if it had not been for the refs." Too barnerish for me!

I really think much of this griping this year was a deflection from how poor of a team and coach we were witnessing. So I hope next year we can reboot and talk about the games more than the refs.

Rant off.:)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^^ I totally agree with you, Moon. Too much negativity! Let's give the refs credit for doing a very hard and many times unappreciated job. I happened to take a photo of them as they headed back to their motel after the game. Would be happy to arrange autographed copies for all interested parties..... ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.