So You Are CAJ, What Do You Want to Change About the Program???

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
I would respectfully disagree. The most talented team every year for the last 4 years has been UK, and yet they have only one title.

Wisconsin had a bunch of seniors and solid players. While a team like that can win and compete, it is hard for them to beat a really well coached and more physically talented team in Duke. You don't need a team full of them, but you need a few game changers to compete with the UK's and Duke's of the basketball world. He'll be a success at Alabama if he just gets us to the big tourney and win a few there at least at first. It has been proven time and again that more talented team win more often than not.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
2. Home games - Have better OOC games earlier in the season to get fan support early in November. See if Pearl would want to do a OOC game the weekend of the Iron Bowl. I know Florida and Florida State do it.
Impossible. Auburn is in our conference.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
1. More AAU interaction. This may mean more willingness to take some "one and done guys."
Do you honestly think there's any coach in the country with an aversion to "taking" a one-and-done player?

The middling-to-cr*ppy opposition home games gotta go, for sure. Yeah, you might beat Mercer (or you might not, if you're the Alabama of Grant's Tomb), but what good's that do your program playing in front of 5,000 fans sitting on their hands expecting it in the first place?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I would respectfully disagree. The most talented team every year for the last 4 years has been UK, and yet they have only one title.

UK has more talent and only lost 1 game out of 39 and it wasn't like they were blown out either. Even the best teams lose occasionally. Besides they had Cal coaching them that couldn't really help them. Wisconsin is pretty talented themselves, just not a much as either Duke or in reality UK.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Just read some interviews with CAJ. From what he is saying AAU is definitely a recruiting area for him. Also in state talent will get offers. Recruiting starts 4/15 but I would think he needs to see what he has and stays on the team first right? How many guys can he recruit. I am not that all familiar with basketball recruiting so how does that work. From what I saw this year there is talent on the team now. An elite PG and an offense that flows with options would be great.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've always felt that former PG's make the best coaches because they know not only what they are supposed to do, but everyone else on the court as well.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Just read some interviews with CAJ. From what he is saying AAU is definitely a recruiting area for him. Also in state talent will get offers. Recruiting starts 4/15 but I would think he needs to see what he has and stays on the team first right? How many guys can he recruit. I am not that all familiar with basketball recruiting so how does that work. From what I saw this year there is talent on the team now. An elite PG and an offense that flows with options would be great.
How does bball recruiting work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
We can still play them as OOC. The baseball teams do it with the Capitol City Classic. I believe the softball teams do as well.
Doesn't matter when we play, it would be a conference game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Game 1 - CAJ should wear an ugly plaid jacket -- and they should rename the court "Sanderson Court" - on the first home game of the season......

Look for the role players needed to make a team work. A Sharpshooter, A boardman, A pick-setter, etc.....even if they just get 5-7 minutes a game.....

Ask Coach Saban to be an honorary Assistant Coach for the first game after the NCG.....
^^^Nice! From a PR standpoint, our program has already gotten a huge boost in that every player and parent of a player will already know AJ from either television or his playing days. Heck, all you have to do is google the youtube videos to get an insight to his personality. The guy is impressive and seems to be solid in his knowledge of the game and most, if not all, of the NBA players and coaches. He knows the media from the inside. So, our new charismatic coach with widespread notoriety, passion for the game, insight with the recruiting process as a player and a parent with contacts permeating coast to coast looks to change the program. Is there any doubt he will quickly identify everything that needs to be done here? I think not.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Thank you. Almost all the talented kids play on AAU travel teams and have for years. There is a sleaze factor through all amateur sports -- the AAU circuit has never cornered the market.

Ten

Josh Gasser -- Wisconsin Swing
Traevon Jackson -- All-Ohio Red
Frank Kaminsky -- Illinois Wolves
Sam Dekker -- Wisconsin Playground
Zak Showalter -- Wisconsin Swing
Nigel Hayes -- All-Ohio Red
Bronson Koening -- Wisconsin Swing
Jordan Hill -- BTI Pump N Run
Riley Dearring -- Net Gain
Ethan Haap -- Quad City Elite

And all four 2015 recruits play on AAU teams.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
How does bball recruiting work? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are allowed 13 schollies. We lose Levi and Coop and we currently have 3 commits counting Ingram. I believe we only had 10 on scholly last year so if this is the case we still have 2 schollies to give.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Recruiting is ongoing. April 15 is the first day of the second signing period for basketball.

How does bball recruiting work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alabama has 13 scholarships for men's basketball.

Cecil tweeted this yesterday (maybe Sunday)...

@CecilHurt For those who asked, Alabama basketball currently has 11 roster spots filled (9 returnees, 2 signees), 2 available. Could always change.
Cecil says only 2 signees because Dazon Ingram didn't sign the LOI. He appears Bama's to lose, though. That would leave one spot left. Hopefully, we are able to grab a big guy with that scholarship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.