It's Not About The Nail

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
BUT, BUT, BUT, a very subtly worded comment is a call to action and you're failing as a husband when you didn't put 2 and 2 together, get 258, and make it so.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
No way I'm sending this to my wife. I get accused of this all the time. If you don't want me to help solve the problem, don't tell me about them. Men are problems solvers...it's what we do. :biggrin:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Welp! Everything seemed to be fine. She hasn't struck me or anything. She did, however, shatter one of my Spiegelau IPA glasses just a moment ago.

She says it was an accident, but I know better.

Sounds like a scene from The Christmas Story.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Even after 25 years, it's still hard for me to manufacture a look of concern and throw in a few "that must be frustrating" comments.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is so much like my soon-to-be-ex that it ain't even funny.

I recall a line the fat engineer on "Hello Larry" once gave to McLean Stevenson about understanding women. He said, "Take the most logical answer to any question you can come up with - and then REVERSE it!!!"

And that pretty well sums it up.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Wait, are you saying that after 25 years you're still having to do that crap?

Yikes...

;)
Yep. As you can imagine, emotions can swing more dramatically as your wife approaches a certain age. Mine needs to emote a lot more these days, but of course, I hate problems/issues so I'm conditioned to do what's needed as soon as possible to put them behind me. I hate dwelling on problems/issues.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.