Link: Hugh Freeze In Favor Of Playing Other Schools In Spring Games

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Don't like the idea, at all, for a multitude of reasons, including many already stated.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe,but its not like the NFL in where they can just get a stub through a trade or free agency if they get hurt. The NCAA is too stuck on rules and regulations on people transfering to other universities that I dont think we could run that risk of playing preseaon games unless people stop whining about the SEC playing FCS schools.
The NFL has a 53 man roster. NCAA gets 85. Big difference..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The NFL has a 53 man roster. NCAA gets 85. Big difference..
In the nfl they can trade it get free agents to play on a weeks notice, and the NCAA they do not. No matter how you slice it to go outside your team in the NCAA to feel in an injury you have to go through hoops and ladders. The nfl you can do it with a fax and a phone call. That's my point

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Can you imagine playing these spread option teams in the spring and have one chop block your defensive end and take him out? No thanks.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I meant the next week. We have a number of full scrimmages now before A-Day. My point was that while some of the concerns like injuries might be valid, losing out on A-Day as we currently have it is not one of them.
I believe all of the scrimmages count as practice hours and we would have to replace one to scrimmage with another team. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I guess that we could have an A-Day and a scrimmage with another team, but we would still loose reps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.