Police officer in South Carolina shoots man in the back 8 times.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The location of a wound says a lot about what was going on. This has been true for a while.
Old Seward said:
Had he his hurts before? (In other words, was he wounded on his front?)
MacBeth Act 5, Scene 8.

This police officer has some trouble headed his way.

That said, this is a prime example of why filming an abusive cop pays off. Cameras are your friend.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The part of the video when the cop drops the stun gun near the man is amazing to me. This is disgusting. Even if there was a physical assault - you don't shoot eight freeking times as the perp is running away.....c'mon.....

No justification at all for what the cop did.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I am amazed he didn't appear to realize there was someone there filming him. I'm not talking about at the beginning, but later on after he had shot him and the other cop showed up. And if he did realize he was being filmed, it amazes me that he didn't try to stop the person from filming.

Nothing in that video suggests anything other than cold blooded murder.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Stopped for broken tail light (traffic stop)
Found to be delinquent on child support (non violent crime)
Maybe was tased by the cop
"Ran" away at a slow jog speed (cop too lazy to go after him)
Fired at 8 times in the back
Evidence (taser) moved and planted
Falsely reported to police dispatcher
:mad::frown:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
98% of police always do the right thing or at least try. It's those 2% that drag down the rest.
Yes I agree.

The problem is many cops either coverup for each other or do not report misbehavior.

They don't realize what a huge PR problem they have...or perhaps they don't care.

The media (as usual) does not help matters.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This officer has been charged, and, I believe, will be convicted especially because of the video.
I feel bad for everyone concerned, but in my view, the reason we punish perps is not out of hatred for the perp, but to discourage others from committing the same crime. When enough cops go to jail for murder (or assault in lesser cases of police abuse), then cops will start to think twice before stepping over the line.
In this case, I'd bet all the dead man's wounds are in his back. It will be really hard, in light of the video, for the defense to make the case that the dead man was attacking the cop.
When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, a soldier from the 82nd Airborne Division shot a Somali kid in the back with a 40mm buckshot round. His defense was that he felt threatened, but the kid's wounds were all in his back. The prosecution said, "You felt threatened by a 70 pound Somali kid who was running away from you?" Dude was found guilty. I'd bet this cop will be as well.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I cant really see anybody making excuses for that.
You don't know some of the cops that I do. I have a family member who's a retired cop. He'll be the first to condemn garbage like this and the assault on the man in Huntsville. He'll also be the first to tell you that the vast majority of cops will make SOME sort of excuse as to why the cop may have had no choice or that the video was misleading.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.