Police officer in South Carolina shoots man in the back 8 times.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
JMO, but if an unarmed man is 20-30 feet away and running away, a cop simply cannot shoot him in the back. Even if he just tazed the cop. If the cop was tazed and anger and adrenalin got the best of him, that may constitute manslaughter rather than murder. But, it definitely isn't a justifiable shooting in my mind.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If that is the case why is the PD not making it known and allowing the opposite narrative to go on unchallenged?:conf2:
You are misunderstanding the role of the PD. Their job is to investigate, assemble the evidence and turn it over to the DA, who issues any statements, unless the judge gags him/her. Sure there are situations across the country where the PD gets out ahead of the DA and sometimes even at odds. That doesn't mean it's the way the process is supposed to work...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Hmmm...not the action of an innocent man in my opinion.
Well I am not sure I would in this case if I was him either. He was immediately let go. My guess is that he is very wary of the investigators. He probably correctly has assessed that he is not going to get any support from the department. He has the right to and probably has lawyered up.

I don't think he is innocent in this, but that action not something I would hold against him.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
11-1 hung jury. He may not be completely out of the woods, but at least one juror was somehow willing to see that as a justified shooting.

Like it or not, that implies a lot about our society.
This one seemed a little more straight forward to me, but I'm just an accountant and pretend to be a lawyer on the internet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.