News Article: OJ Howard Indicates a Faster Alabama Offense in 2015

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I understand incorporating the elements of the HUNH such as always have the option to throw a bubble screen to the WR if the defense is giving a big cushion or quick snapping the ball from time to time. It would just make me cringe if we started doing much more than that on a regular basis. Blake probably threw 30 bubble screens in the first few games last year and they worked great - against lesser opponents. Everybody was all excited that we were incorporating some of that stuff. Then we started to play real teams such as Ole Miss, Arkansas etc and none of that cute stuff worked. I guess that's my point. I don't see us winning a championship again unless we get back the main focus of dominating the LOS..
I agree. Especially after Ohio State basically played the way used to, and pushed us around a little. That really irked me.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wonder if that's the part where Coker is having issue with.. moving fast and making decisions at the last minute....
Maybe. Coker would not be my QB of choice if we are going to be using the HUNH more often than not. Arm talent is about the last thing a QB needs to be successful in that type of system. It would be more about making quick decisions based on reading the defense..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Maybe. Coker would not be my QB of choice if we are going to be using the HUNH more often than not. Arm talent is about the last thing a QB needs to be successful in that type of system. It would be more about making quick decisions based on reading the defense..
Not saying this will happen, but that system would fit Blake Barnett the best...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I agree. Especially after Ohio State basically played the way used to, and pushed us around a little. That really irked me.
Agreed. Watching them just straight up beat us at the line was frustrating. That is supposed to be our MO.

I REALLY do not want to see us become even more hunh and finesse.

Unfortunately I feel that so many players and coaches are growing up with that system that it is becoming hard to find the coaches for a pro-style philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
This is where everything is going. CNS and CLK have no choice really. They have to do to the opposing defense what is being done to Bama's. You don't have to go fast constantly, but doing it most of the time is where the sport is. I hate the cards too, but whatever puts points on the board. Bama's superior athletes in this system should absolutely light other teams up. It will help the defense long term as well. CLK is a great offensive mind, as we saw last year, and he will have alot of interesting wrinkles with this type of fast pace. I want the rules changed but until they are you have to play the game as it is allowed to give your team the greatest advantage.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We (OSU) ran Urban Meyer's up tempo spread offense all season last year. We also had the size and strength on both sides of the LOS to play "Alabama" football. It is possible to do both - you just need the right athletes on your team.

If anyone can do this, Alabama can.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Ask Bryce Petty about that. No part of the field is safe with that kind of arm.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
The Patriots are a perfect (though not collegiate) example of running a fast paced offense, that is still pro style. They can do fairly anything they like at any speed they like. HUNH isn't just about the thing the Barn or Oregon do.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The Patriots are a perfect (though not collegiate) example of running a fast paced offense, that is still pro style. They can do fairly anything they like at any speed they like. HUNH isn't just about the thing the Barn or Oregon do.
Yea, they just happen to have the greatest QB of this generation to orchestrate it..

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I learned a long time ago that sometimes (as much as it might gall you to do so) you just have to beat someone at their own game. If you want the rules to change you have to show the "enemy" that you can play better than they can at their own rules. Give it a few years of that and you will see all these HUNH teams wanting to change the rules to slow the game down because BAMA is just too good at THEIR game.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
This is where everything is going. CNS and CLK have no choice really. They have to do to the opposing defense what is being done to Bama's. You don't have to go fast constantly, but doing it most of the time is where the sport is. I hate the cards too, but whatever puts points on the board. Bama's superior athletes in this system should absolutely light other teams up. It will help the defense long term as well. CLK is a great offensive mind, as we saw last year, and he will have alot of interesting wrinkles with this type of fast pace. I want the rules changed but until they are you have to play the game as it is allowed to give your team the greatest advantage.
Danielson has said he thinks playing hunh would be beneficial for bama because we have superior athletes, the more plays with better players their talent should show. Plus if we can catch people of guard with our athletes it can be six.

Having said that the main offensive problem the past two years has been the inability to run the ball in short yardage when needed. I'm hoping the ol talent infusion starts showing this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.