Coaching staff

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
After the news of Simon's hiring yesterday, Cecil tweeted "Also not sayin', just sayin'." with this story.

Providence forward Tyler Harris will graduate at the end of the semester and transfer elsewhere for his final season of eligibility, the school announced Tuesday.

Harris, who transferred to Providence from NC State in 2012, will be eligible immediately at his next destination.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Harris, who transferred to Providence from NC State in 2012, will be eligible immediately at his next destination.
Is this some kind of weird symmetry with triangulated fate?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not suprised. I think the last few scholarships could be geared toward graduate transfer who can play this fall. We need a big body or two. I think Johnson is looking to play big and small to be ability to play fast. Think Spurs.

After the news of Simon's hiring yesterday, Cecil tweeted "Also not sayin', just sayin'." with this story.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I almost missed this:

Along with announcing Simon, Johnson also announced that he has retained strength and conditioning coach Lou DeNeen. DeNeen, who will enter his third season at Alabama, joins assistant coach Antoine Pettway on Johnson's staff as hold overs from the previous staff.

"Coach Lou has done a tremendous job for our guys and is an asset to our program," Johnson said. "We are excited that he will be with us next year and for years to come."

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I do not blame him for the injuries. I do not like his techniques and his training program. it is out of date.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Blaming the strength and conditioning guys for injuries is getting overblown. I guess let's kick Coach Cochran to the curb then. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!
Believe it or not, a players conditioning is essential to not sustaining injuries. Retin spent most of the last 2 years injured. Tarrant gets a soft tissue injury which is more than likely caused by lack of or poor specific muscle conditioning. Hales injury was probably just bad luck, but he has been injured for the last 2 years. Most teams don't have that many injuries in 5 years. We had those in a year and a half. You can't win if you can't keep your best players on the court.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Believe it or not, a players conditioning is essential to not sustaining injuries. Retin spent most of the last 2 years injured. Tarrant gets a soft tissue injury which is more than likely caused by lack of or poor specific muscle conditioning. Hales injury was probably just bad luck, but he has been injured for the last 2 years. Most teams don't have that many injuries in 5 years. We had those in a year and a half. You can't win if you can't keep your best players on the court.
Oh I believe it, and I agree with what you say. I'm just saying that it is overblown. It is not the blamepoint for all injuries. Bama football has been plagued by injuries during the Cochran era, but I do not for one second pin the blame on Cochran. That's foolish. Heck, even some NFL guys have been whispering for years that Bama players are "beat up" when they get to the NFL. But so are a lot of SEC players. JMO Who knows? Maybe it's all DeNeen's fault...

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010
Oh I believe it, and I agree with what you say. I'm just saying that it is overblown. It is not the blamepoint for all injuries. Bama football has been plagued by injuries during the Cochran era, but I do not for one second pin the blame on Cochran. That's foolish. Heck, even some NFL guys have been whispering for years that Bama players are "beat up" when they get to the NFL. But so are a lot of SEC players. JMO Who knows? Maybe it's all DeNeen's fault...
The very subject of Cochran's techniques actually is being debated by several people, but that's for a different forum.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Associate head coach Bob Simon a 'home run hire' for Alabama, recruiting analyst says

Bob Simon made a big impact on the recruiting trail for Providence, and he'll aim to do the same for Alabama after being hired as Avery Johnson's associate head coach.

"Simon is known as a tireless recruiter in the college basketball world," said Garrett Tucker, a talent evaluator and recruiting analyst for HoopSeen. "He helped lure some of Providence's best players to school for Ed Cooley over the years. He proved he can recruit various parts of the country, too. He's also known as a great X and O's guy."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.