Coaching staff

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
No surprise to those that watched.
Yea I know. It's just sad that with the talent we had on our roster that we did not have a competent coaching staff (or at least a staff that actually wanted to be at Bama) to teach the basics of the game. Because of that, it's probably going to take at least 2 years for this next foundation to be laid..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The same thing is said by every incoming staff to temper expectations. There are dozens of styles to coach in basketball and the styles just may have been very different. I'm not defending Grant, I had very high hopes for him, just saying.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
According to Rolltide.com, Colton Houston is the director of operations for the basketball team. I had not seen this announced but saw someone mention it on another forum. Also, it was mentioned that CAJ may hire another "special assistant to the head coach" although I have no idea what that person could/could not do as far as recruiting or being on the sideline during games.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to Rolltide.com, Colton Houston is the director of operations for the basketball team. I had not seen this announced but saw someone mention it on another forum. Also, it was mentioned that CAJ may hire another "special assistant to the head coach" although I have no idea what that person could/could not do as far as recruiting or being on the sideline during games.
Colton started as unpaid assistant under Grant a few years ago. He worked his way up, and Pettway mentioned him to Avery shortly after CAJ's arrival.

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
I just want to say welcome board coach Avery Johnson and staff.. I have always been a big time popovich(and a fan of you) fan, he does things the right way, and i'm sure you will install that into our players.:BigA: RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.