Coaching staff

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I know Antoine Pettway has been retained which was a very good move. On his afternoon radio program Wes Neighbors mentioned Rick Stansbury as a possible hire. I know some folks don't like Stansbuy but I think he is a good coach and recruiter and would do well at Bama. I've heard for weeks that he has let it be know that he was interested in coaching at UA and according to Wes still owns his house from his coaching days at MSU. Wes' information was coming from Mark Kamara.

Assistant Coaches:
- Antoine Pettway
- Bob Simon
- Scott Pospichal

Director of Basketball Operations:
- Colton Houston

Strength Coach:
- Lou DeNeen

Support Staff:
- David Miller

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm OK with whomever CAJ gets, because the bottom line is that he has to work with those people on a day to day basis and I trust his professional judgement.
I know Antoine Pettway has been retained which was a very good move. On his afternoon radio program Wes Neighbors mentioned Rick Stansbury as a possible hire. I know some folks don't like Stansbuy but I think he is a good coach and recruiter and would do well at Bama. I've heard for weeks that he has let it be know that he was interested in coaching at UA and according to Wes still owns his house from his coaching days at MSU. Wes' information was coming from Mark Kamara.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm OK with whomever CAJ gets, because the bottom line is that he has to work with those people on a day to day basis and I trust his professional judgement.
Agreed. I know Stansbury was a 4-letter word to some of our fans but hopefully they will be open to him as an assistant IF he is hired.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Well I guess there is a connection there since I think Stansbury is asst at TX Am in which Avery Jr plays and was probably recruited by Stansbury.....that is just a guess on my part though.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Obviously it is up to CAJ as to the make up of his staff. However, I cringe at the thought of $tansbury being at UA. I've got to think that with all the contacts CAJ has he can easily come up with countless better options.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
To me selecting asst. coaches is like getting a VP running mate. Of course you want someone competent. You also want someone that is going to pull voters from a certain part of the country for support, in this case "recruits". So it makes sense that you want someone that can recruit in Alabama, but you want other asst. coaches that can get recruits from other parts of the country. Just my feeling on Asst. coaches.

Well I guess there is a connection there since I think Stansbury is asst at TX Am in which Avery Jr plays and was probably recruited by Stansbury.....that is just a guess on my part though.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Stansbury is a decent recruiter, but no way would I want him coaching our team in the head role. As long as CAJ is our man like Ldlane said, I don't care who he hires. I wouldn't mind the move honestly. MSU was always tough down low when he was the head coach.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Guys, I have a question...what was Coach Sanderson's last year that he coached the Tide?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I heard Buck Johnson's name as well. Not sure how valid that might be.
Buck's got deep connnections in B'ham...and Hunstville where they've lived for a long time, until recently moving back to B'ham.

He's got NBA experience and a son who's pretty good too (that I read was a little infatuated with Bruce Pearl).

I hope CAJ and Buck can change that if he's going to be a big time college recruit.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Stansbury is a decent recruiter, but no way would I want him coaching our team in the head role. As long as CAJ is our man like Ldlane said, I don't care who he hires. I wouldn't mind the move honestly. MSU was always tough down low when he was the head coach.
If you had asked me about hiring Stansbury before we hired Lane Kiffin, I would have said no, flat out.

Now, I'll wince for a few minutes, and be over it shortly.

:smile:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wouldn't be suprised to see NBA assistants coming ot Alabama... That's lot of NBA ties combined with Pettway and others. I know Levi is gone, but I'm willing to bet that He probably asked team to look at Levi... get him invitation to summer camp.

Next year, two years.... from now... We could be putting no more than 3 players in NBA... It's critical that we have NBA tie staff and Recuiting ties.. we need a balance.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wouldn't be suprised to see NBA assistants coming ot Alabama... That's lot of NBA ties combined with Pettway and others. I know Levi is gone, but I'm willing to bet that He probably asked team to look at Levi... get him invitation to summer camp.

Next year, two years.... from now... We could be putting no more than 3 players in NBA... It's critical that we have NBA tie staff and Recuiting ties.. we need a balance.
I'd disagree...I'd rather see him go the route CNS has in bringing in some former head coaches from NCAA ranks...like Rick Stansbury who knows the area and recruiting.

CAJ has all the NBA tie we need IMO.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Stansbury was bad-mouthed often on this board and I think I remeber seeing his name spelled $tan$bury along with M$U. Does he have baggage and is he someone to worry about if on Bama's staff? I don't remember any NCAA issues (maybe no baggage) but is he known as a cheater or something else bad going on?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.