Coaching staff

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't know, but 5 star guard Malik Brown in Mississippi announces Friday. Hope CAJ has been camping out there.
Malik Newman. We are not listed in his top 6 (Kentucky, Ole Miss, Kansas, LSU, Mississippi State and N.C. State) so although anything is possible I'm not holding my breathe on this one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Believe it or not, a players conditioning is essential to not sustaining injuries. Retin spent most of the last 2 years injured. Tarrant gets a soft tissue injury which is more than likely caused by lack of or poor specific muscle conditioning. Hales injury was probably just bad luck, but he has been injured for the last 2 years. Most teams don't have that many injuries in 5 years. We had those in a year and a half. You can't win if you can't keep your best players on the court.
Appears there was an injury that wasn't publicized this past season. Link

Riley Norris went through an interview following Alabama's team banquet last week, a brace on the wrist the rising sophomore guard/forward underwent surgery on earlier this month.

While Norris is unsure exactly when the injury happened, the former Albertville High School standout played through torn cartilage and ligaments in his wrist during the second half of the season.

The injury happened around midway through the Tide's season, Norris estimated.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Malik Newman. We are not listed in his top 6 (Kentucky, Ole Miss, Kansas, LSU, Mississippi State and N.C. State) so although anything is possible I'm not holding my breathe on this one.
We can hope, but I knew it would be a tough pull regardless. I really didn't figure we'd be a player in this one given the limited amount of time CAJ had to recruit. It would have been nice had we not wasted 3 weeks with that jerk from Wichita State.

We are at a best when we get the top players out of Mississippi as well as Alabama. We haven't done this since we got McDyess. It is time for that to change.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
We can hope, but I knew it would be a tough pull regardless. I really didn't figure we'd be a player in this one given the limited amount of time CAJ had to recruit. It would have been nice had we not wasted 3 weeks with that jerk from Wichita State.

We are at a best when we get the top players out of Mississippi as well as Alabama. We haven't done this since we got McDyess. It is time for that to change.
Hey, don't forget Mo Williams :cool:. All kidding aside, but you're absolutely right.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Rumors started today Malik will sign with MSU. Neal McCready, Rivals' Ole Miss writer, says the papers have been signed.

@NealMcCready Source close to Malik Newman's recruiting just told me Newman has already signed scholarship papers with Mississippi State.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Hey, don't forget Mo Williams :cool:. All kidding aside, but you're absolutely right.
You are right. Forgot Mo was from Mississippi. State apparently has already signed Malik Newman according to reports. Too bad we didn't have more time. We would have had as much a shot as State since we are closer to his hometown of Jackson and Howland has only been there 3 weeks longer.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You are right. Forgot Mo was from Mississippi. State apparently has already signed Malik Newman according to reports. Too bad we didn't have more time. We would have had as much a shot as State since we are closer to his hometown of Jackson and Howland has only been there 3 weeks longer.
We also got Donta Pollard a few years ago but we know how that turned out.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Starkville is closer to Jackson than Tuscaloosa.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Your right. I stand corrected. But,But where would your rather spend your college career Starkvegas or T-town. Not much of a choice there.
I went to Starkville about 3 months ago (on the way back from New Orleans), and it was my first time there since they mid-late 90's. It has changed so much since then, that I felt like I couldn't make near as many Starkville jokes anymore. Don't get me wrong...it isn't anything to write home about, but it has come a LONG way in the last 10 years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the Washington Wizards losing tonight, I've read the last on court staff member should be announced soon. Roy Rogers is expected to leave DC and join the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
With the Washington Wizards losing tonight, I've read the last on court staff member should be announced soon. Roy Rogers is expected to leave DC and join the staff.
i remember Rogers from his days at UA. excellent player. i hope that translates to the court as a coach. i don't follow the NBA, so i am not familiar with what he has done since he left.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have a link to confirm but apparently Cecil is saying that it probably won't be Rogers and that CAJ is still looking for someone with collegiate coaching/recruit experience.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I saw that Cecil comment as well. I didn't see it on his twitter account. I think it's clear that a lot of CAJ's to choices turnes. Hopefully we'll get the staff finalized fairly soon.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Alabama reportedly hires son of former college, NBA assistant for staff job

Link

Alabama is still looking for a third assistant basketball coach, but reports indicate it has a new staff member.

David Miller, son of a longtime college and NBA assistant coach, will join Avery Johnson's staff. First reported by Scout.com, Miller will have a video/operations position with Alabama.

His father, Dave Miller, was an assistant at Texas, Arizona State, Army, Utah State, and USC before a few seasons with the Hornets. He's now a member of the Lakers broadcast team.

The younger Miller was a graduate manager at Arizona for the past two seasons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.