Question: What will we call the Avery Johnson bandwagon?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
How about adding a "A"! Avery's Awesome Army. You MUST spell it with all "Script A's".

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
These guys nailed it on Tues. Avery's Army....start printing T-Shirts ASAP!!! I'm also totally cool with pushing really hard for the fanbase to be the Coleman Crazies !! I mean really embrace that nickname and wear the shirts and frantically jump up and down cheering the team on. I love he is following the Duke/Coach K model. I think we have the strong chance to be to Kentucky what Duke is to North Carolina going forward.

It will take a few recruiting cycles but CAJ WILL get us to Final Fours with shots at NC's. I watched him play and coach in the NBA. He knows how to operate/command an offense to a Championship and how to coach a Champion. He will recruit BLUE chippers and will especially know what to look for in his PG's.

We will be perennially in the hunt for SEC Titles and Sweet Sixteens in year 3. Like he said yesterday...the contract is for 6 years but the success won't take that long!!! I think we have our coach for the next 10-15 years. I'm LOVING this hire!!! It's not a home run...it's a walkoff GrandSlam slinging the bat and staring at the opposition!!!

"BUCKLE you Seatbelt....Buckle your Seatbelt...Buckle YOUR Seatbelt...Buckle your SEATBELT" *insert infectious CAJ grin*

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm not completely sold on championing the name of a coach. I don't seem to recall doing that with football, the Saban whats? The Stalling something or other? But, if that's to be done, Avery's Army is the obvious one.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I'm not completely sold on championing the name of a coach. I don't seem to recall doing that with football, the Saban whats? The Stalling something or other? But, if that's to be done, Avery's Army is the obvious one.

I just might be the most excited person on the planet about this hire, but I can't disagree with this. Until we've done something on the court to warrant it, it should probably be something about the school instead of the coach. I'll still probably be a secret member of "Avery's Army" but I can't say it's the smartest plan even before year 1. That said, do you have any ideas for an Alabama-based moniker for our future Coleman Commandos? (I don't like Coleman Crazies, although "Koleman KrAzY3s" would crack me up)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.