Question: B-Ball Recruiting: Who will Coach Avery be meeting?

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Thanks for starting the thread,I hope we can start competing again I'm a football guy but I want us to play some good BB. I would too start being interested in watching us again I'm excited about the hire and ready get started. Roll Tide

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
This late in the year and the spring signing upon us. I would think we may want to grab a juco player or two depending on numbers. Next years class as others have mentioned should hopefully be better especially with the AAU connections coah has.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Coach was in Dallas at the Adidas Gauntlet as well as in Virginia at the Nike EYBL. Kentucky has interest in Ingram. Ingram tweeted he will not be signing on Monday.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Good sign for us.........:cool2:
Just looking for your opinion here, not trying to argue. How do you see it as a good thing? It seemed as if he was still most likely to choose us on Monday, but then delayed, and several others are taking it as a bad sign. I'd love for it to be a good thing somehow, but hadn't read it that way thus far.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Mods.. Scratch the Ingram signing today. I saw on Rivals briefly but its gone. Sorry for the quick trigger.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Just looking for your opinion here, not trying to argue. How do you see it as a good thing? It seemed as if he was still most likely to choose us on Monday, but then delayed, and several others are taking it as a bad sign. I'd love for it to be a good thing somehow, but hadn't read it that way thus far.
It indicates to me that he wants to get to know CAJ..........:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Mo Williams supposedly is very close to Malik Newman, the #1 PG in the nation, out of Jackson, Mississippi. I've read where a poster on TiderInsider is suggesting Bama has a shot with him. If CAJ pulled that off, he'll make a very big splash with the 2015 signing class.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Also, his first offer outside of trying to bring the 3 existing commitments on board (Austin, Hall, Ingram) is 2017 prospect Jamal Johnson, Buck's son. Apparently, he made the point to do that specifically.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Also, his first offer outside of trying to bring the 3 existing commitments on board (Austin, Hall, Ingram) is 2017 prospect Jamal Johnson, Buck's son. Apparently, he made the point to do that specifically.
I hope I'm not being too nitpicky but Austin and Hall are already signees, not commitments. The only way they could back out is if UA and CAJ agreed to give them a release. Ingram is the one that he is trying to bring in. Glad to see that he quickly offered Buck's kid because he is a very important recruit for us.

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Mo Williams supposedly is very close to Malik Newman, the #1 PG in the nation, out of Jackson, Mississippi. I've read where a poster on TiderInsider is suggesting Bama has a shot with him. If CAJ pulled that off, he'll make a very big splash with the 2015 signing class.
I also read where CAJ is a cousin to Malik Newman. Not sure if that is first, second, third, etc. and it may not matter. But I also read where Calipari has a PG that he was able to reclassified as a 2015 signee (presumably from 2016) that he is more high on than Newman so UK may be finished with Newman. I wouldn't bet any money on that but it supposedly came from a UK fan that posted on a Bama forum.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I hope I'm not being too nitpicky but Austin and Hall are already signees, not commitments. The only way they could back out is if UA and CAJ agreed to give them a release. Ingram is the one that he is trying to bring in. Glad to see that he quickly offered Buck's kid because he is a very important recruit for us.
You are. :tongue:

I lumped them in there for the very reason you brought up, but they said they were staying before he even spoke to them. But that wasn't my point anyway...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm sure CAJ will be able to recruit guards pretty well, but the real difference the last few years in our team compared to others is the lack of sharp shooters and, especially big brutes in the post.

Glad he's after these guards, but we desperately need the bigs!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.