Question: B-Ball Recruiting: Who will Coach Avery be meeting?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
People were talking about starting basketball recruiting threads, but none have been started. So, I figured I'd start the discussion in honor of Avery's Army, or whatever we end up calling it. We have reason to believe Coach Avery is going to visit Dazon today, but it sounded as if there were several more visits. Does anyone know his other top targets today?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm sure his first call will be to Ingram, who had said he would sign with Alabama if the right coach was hired.

Otherwise, he could just call each of the top 20 unsigned recruits and gauge their interest!:wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Langford high on the Barn? Thought I'd read that. Hopefully CAJ changes his mind if so!
I think I heard Petty's mom is Vicki Orr who was a Barner women's all-star player. Also the 6' 10" kid from Spain Park is a lifelong Barner fan (I think mom and dad went there). The Barn may have a stronghold on the top in-state talent over the next couple of years but we will see what Coach Johnson has to say about that.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I highly doubt Langford said anything about being high on the Barn and pearl.....atleast I can't recall him saying that. He's a kid that won't give any hints about where he's leaning, but if I had to guess, it's not the barn and not us right now, it's more likely Sparty and coach Izzo.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I highly doubt Langford said anything about being high on the Barn and pearl.....atleast I can't recall him saying that. He's a kid that won't give any hints about where he's leaning, but if I had to guess, it's not the barn and not us right now, it's more likely Sparty and coach Izzo.
Thanks for the insight. I talked to someone who saw him play at the tourney this year and they said he's special. Maybe, just maybe, CAJ can cast a spell on him and convince him to stay at home and be part of building something special at Bama in b-ball!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama offered Nick King, a Memphis transfer. Transfers will be a good way to get things going in the direction CAJ wants.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My best case with this abbreviated recruiting cycle for CAJ is maintenance and maybe a late surprise. Hopefully he can take what is here, get a freshman contributor or two, and make some strides in year one. The next recruiting year is the one where he has the potential to change the program. I'd love for something like the 2008 football class to come into Coleman in 2016-17.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
My best case with this abbreviated recruiting cycle for CAJ is maintenance and maybe a late surprise. Hopefully he can take what is here, get a freshman contributor or two, and make some strides in year one. The next recruiting year is the one where he has the potential to change the program. I'd love for something like the 2008 football class to come into Coleman in 2016-17.
Pearl will make this more difficult, of course. The added wild card, particularly for the kids north of Birmingham, is Barnes.

Last edited:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
My favorite thing about those articles is this: In each case, he spoke to multiple coaches at one time, showing he is accessible. So he's holding to his word.

New Alabama basketball coach made the rounds at Luverne High School today, visiting with Crimson Tide signee Donta' Hall, his coaches and "about three or four" coaches from nearby high schools.
But he made time to speak with Jackson and several other area high school coaches who came to Carver after school. Jackson said around 20 or 25 showed up.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
True, Langford is only showing interest in the big boys. No barn in sight. Top 3 are - Florida, Michigan and Michigan State.

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Langford-20145

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
If we can get Dazon back into the fold, things will be good. Anything else would just be gravy. I love that we're talking about this again, though.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
i'm hoping for someone taller than 6'9" that can rebound and alter shots. it would be a real plus if this person could score and pass.

while we're at it, lets get someone who can hit shots near or behind the arc at least 35% of the time, move the ball effectively, and play a little defense.

whomever those people are, i hope CAJ is meeting and signing them. i'm not picky from where they come as long as they play at Alabama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.