Avery Johnson Wants to Improve Coleman Coliseum

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's what I was thinking as well. we can use the BJCC for a year, as they build the new arena & as others have stated..Partner the construction with the City Of Tuscaloosa & allow it to host conventions, concerts & other activities, when we're not having B'Ball games, that would bring in money to help repay for the arena..It way past due for a new B'Ball arena for Bama B'Ball & shut the "Bama Is Only A Football School" 'Haters" the the hell up once & for all..

Bama is historically the 2nd best B'Ball Program in the history of the SEC behing Kentucky & it's time to put our money where our mouth is & show the rest of the NCAA, that Bama is a multi sport juggernaut,Softball, in the NCAA & we truly are..Football, Gymnastic, Golf, Bass Fishing(don't laugh cause it's true), and at one time, we were really really good in both Men's & Women B'Ball, and Baseball as well..Bama isn't a "One Trick Football Pony" that other fan-bases thinks we are & it's time to prove that on the B'Ball court, in a new B'Ball Arena, that will tremendously help out, our new energetic Head B'Ball Coach in building that "Fence" around The State Of Alabama, by keeping our stud 5*'s B'Ball recruits, that seems like Kentucky, takes from us every other year, when we have them in the State Of Alabama ever so often..
Not like they were showing up on campus either.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we have to play one year at the BJCC it is not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Also, BTW, the cost to tear down or remodel Coleman will be ridiculous. The ceiling is lined with asbestos which has since been covered with a sealant to keep it from falling on fans. This is why there hasn't been a concert there in 30 years.

I still think it should be made into a hockey arena for the hockey team. It would be almost perfect for that sport.
I saw Dylan play there in the fall of 90, I think it was. Wait, that has been closer to 30 years than I realized when my knee jerk reaction was that you're crazy. #gettingoldsucks.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
What they should do is build it in the Coleman parking lot. Then when it is ready to go, raze Coleman and make that the new parking lot.

It will make it a minor inconvenience for parking there, instead of a major one driving to Birmingham for every home game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.