5 year W-L record.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
In my opinion the main stat to base a programs success is wins and losses.The last 5 years 2010-2014 SEC record is 67-81. Overall is 170-139. So far this year SEC 4-8. I do not expect the remaining SEC games to raise the record over .500. Any sport should not be satisfied with such continued mediocrity.We sit around 10th in many SEC team stats. Bottom line, why should any coach be rewarded for these results to open a new stadium and you know the results will be the same?

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
If you can, can you show the rest of the SEC? Not sure if there is a site out there that keeps up with each teams records year over year. I am just interested in seeing where we do rank versus the others. I think it will be around 7-9. Just a guess though.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
If you can, can you show the rest of the SEC? Not sure if there is a site out there that keeps up with each teams records year over year. I am just interested in seeing where we do rank versus the others. I think it will be around 7-9. Just a guess though.
Sorry... I was referring to this years team stats. You can find other year stats on SEC site. Don't think fans should settle for 7-9 either.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
A couple of years ago (2013) I went through and dug out our record against HBCU's under Mitch and then dropped that out of the overall record. We wound up just a couple of games over .500. Two years later it's not going to be that much better as to make a difference. For example, we'd be 11-15 this year. And no, that's not good enough. Not by a long shot.

rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Grant did better than that and he got fired. Battle was going to keep him until the public outrage forced his hand. Maybe if things don't improve it will happen here.

Anybody know what Gaspard's contract is like? What is he getting paid and what is his buyout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Grant did better than that and he got fired. Battle was going to keep him until the public outrage forced his hand. Maybe if things don't improve it will happen here.

Anybody know what Gaspard's contract is like? What is he getting paid and what is his buyout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here it is as of 2013. Middle of the pack interms of atthat time. Shouldn't of changed much except for the guys that have been extended/hired or fired.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/list_of_sec_baseball_coaching.html

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
Has CMG been extened since this article? If not it should be really easy to get rid of him since his contract is up at the end of the year.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Why would surprise any objective fan that Mitch was extended? Up to this point NO ONE cared about baseball (and I am not saying they do now, though you would assume $45 million dollars says otherwise). The regionals are why Mitch is still here and why anyone would extend his contract. This year is kind of the wild card, but if we win 13-14 league games and the rest of the middies we'd finish with about 32 wins and with our SoS you'd think we'd most certainly get in once again, and if you were someone who was just minding the fort would you fire a guy who had taken your program to five regionals in six years?

No, you probably wouldn't.

rtr

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Why would surprise any objective fan that Mitch was extended? Up to this point NO ONE cared about baseball (and I am not saying they do now, though you would assume $45 million dollars says otherwise). The regionals are why Mitch is still here and why anyone would extend his contract. This year is kind of the wild card, but if we win 13-14 league games and the rest of the middies we'd finish with about 32 wins and with our SoS you'd think we'd most certainly get in once again, and if you were someone who was just minding the fort would you fire a guy who had taken your program to five regionals in six years?

No, you probably wouldn't.

rtr
You're probably right. Hopefully, what you indicated about the $45 million expenditure will add some pressure to actually host regionals for the extra revenue.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
You're probably right. Hopefully, what you indicated about the $45 million expenditure will add some pressure to actually host regionals for the extra revenue.
It should add pressure to win every game at home imo. Let alone host any post season games. If recruiting doesn't pick up as a result of it, then the other stuff (post season) won't happen either.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
It should add pressure to win every game at home imo. Let alone host any post season games. If recruiting doesn't pick up as a result of it, then the other stuff (post season) won't happen either.
I told y'all weeks ago what you would get out of this staff this year and every other year. And this is the best talent they will have for atleast 3-5 years. Way under-coached.

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA
bama is severely lacking in the mental toughness/preparation department. i witnessed the first game of the aTm series in which hitters struck out 17 times with a high number of called third strikes. no excuse for that! in fact, it was downright embarrassing!! that's a direct reflection of the coaching, imo.

they don't know how to win, and therefore will seldom win that big game or put a team away late in the game. that's also on the coach. MG doesn't strike me as much of a motivator.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Since Mitch has been here he has had one really good season (45 wins, with Wells' players), one historically bad season (21 wins), and three middle of the road seasons (35, 35, and 37 wins). This year we look like a team that could once again win 30-35 games if things continue on as they have been. On the one hand, that's been against a top 20 schedule every single year, but on the other, an awful lot of those wins have been against HBCU's.

Let's say that of those 173 wins, 30 have been against HBCU's. If that were the case (and it'd be close), that would put Mitch at 143-139. This year, taking away our seven wins against HBCU's, we'd be 14-18.

It is unbelievable to me how mediocre this program has been since that first year Mitch took over (of course, Jim's last two seasons weren't stellar). And of course, I give more credit to Nathan Kilcrease for even getting us to Hoover that year than I do Mitch.

It's time for a change.

rtr

Last edited:

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
So, since it's been mentioned a couple of times (and I was bored), I decided to go through the schedule and separate our wins out by conference. Not going to lie, it was pretty tedious (and somehow I'm missing a couple losses -- weird, but I'm not going back through all 6 years to find them), but here's Gaspard's record at Alabama by opponent conference (taken from Rolltide.com):

SEC: 75-94 (not counting OOC games against SEC opponents or SEC Tourney games)
SECT and OOC games: 8-10 (Georgia, AU, various SEC opponents in SECT)
ACC: 5-9 (GT, FSU, Clemson)
Big 10: 2-0 (Minnesota)
Sun Belt: 13-8 (Troy, ULL, LaMonroe, South Alabama, Georgia Southern)
CUSA: 11-15 (Southern Miss, UAB, FAU)
AAC: 6-9 (Memphis, East Carolina, UCF)
A10: 2-1 (Saint Louis)
Horizon: 3-0 (UIllinios-Chicago)
America East: 4-0 (Stony Brook)
Summit: 0-1 (Oral Roberts)
ASun: 3-3 (Kennesaw St., Lipscomb)
CAA: 3-1 (CofC, Elon)
MEAC: 6-0 (Maryland-Eastern Shore, Savannah St)
OVC: 9-0 (JSU, Eastern Illinios)
Southern: 13-3 (Samford, Mercer, VMI)
Southland: 7-2 (SELA, Northwestern State, Stephen F. Austin)
SWAC: 23-1 (Alabama St, Alcorn St, Jackson St, Miss Valley St, Arky Pine Bluff)

That brings my total to 193-157 (real record according to rolltide.com should be 170-139 plus the 23-20 for this year to bring it to 193-159).

Also, here is where we rank in-conference this year stats-wise:

Batting:
Average: 9th (.258)
Runs: 9th (85)
SLG%: 10th (.350)
2Bs: 7th (28)
3Bs: 9th (3)
HR: 12th (9)
SO: 3rd (as in 3rd most in SEC play at 169)
BB: t13th (as in tied with Missouri for the least walks at 30)
OBP: 14th (.308)

Pitching:
ERA: 7th (4.47)
B/Avg: 11th (.285)
HR: 7th (11)
2B: 10th (31)
SO: 13th (110 SO)
BB: 12th (87 BB)

FLD%: 9th (.966)

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Ohmygosh. Those stats would make even the most casual Crimson Tide baseball fan ill.

rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So, explain to me again why we had to extend his contract, mid-season? It was so imperative that we could not wait until the end of the season to do it?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.