Link: Coach AJ Address Football Team

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Has any of our current players on the B'Ball team tweeted or posted about meeting CAJ..I would love to see their reactions to him..I've looked & haven't seen our current players reactions to meeting CAJ..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I like the guy. I just hope his ego will allow for others to shine...... It looked like he tried to interrupt Coach Saban....multiple times. He also is a "name dropper" which (to be honest) is one of the most annoying traits a person can have..... with that said, I sure hope he's genuine. At first it comes off as confidence, but after a while it starts to sound as "compensating" speech....I just hope it doesn't prove to be "over the top" --

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I don't get the same sense that he's a "Name Dropper", when he's in front of the camera, he's recruiting to National Recruits. he knows recruits are watching him & will get his message out to them, of his credentials of being their college Coach & how he is the Coach to get them to the next level..That's just my opinion is he's taking advantage of the media recruiting wise when he speaks..That's just me though & you may be correct..
I like the guy. I just hope his ego will allow for others to shine...... It looked like he tried to interrupt Coach Saban....multiple times. He also is a "name dropper" which (to be honest) is one of the most annoying traits a person can have..... with that said, I sure hope he's genuine. At first it comes off as confidence, but after a while it starts to sound as "compensating" speech....I just hope it doesn't prove to be "over the top" --

B

BroadwayJoe777

Your post seems to be most "annoying" to me. If there was still a like/dislike selection, you know which one you would get. CAJ and his passion is everything this basketball program needs. The program is dead. At least CAJ is trying to resuscitate a long dead program. Your opinion of his passion NAUSEATES me to the highest levels. Let him drop all the names he wants. CAJ is exactly what the doctor ordered.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
I saw nothing to support CAJ was "annoying" or anything else negative about him in this video. The man has been through a long day under a microscope the entire time, geezz. Now that the circus is over, we will see the real CAJ and I have no worries that he will do a very good job with this program. Win a championship, maybe, win the SEC, very well could be done, become a team to ruin dreams, I sure hope to live to see it. Currently CAJ is the Best chance we have and I support the team. Next, CAJ, get your be hind out on the road and get some coaches and some boys to come on down here and get the buzz saw started. Whooo Hooo! Roll Tide.

Can't wait to see the results of CAJ's recruiting success on the new "Basketball Recruiting Forum" or the "Basketball Forum, Recruiting Section". He, he.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Your post seems to be most "annoying" to me. If there was still a like/dislike selection, you know which one you would get. CAJ and his passion is everything this basketball program needs. The program is dead. At least CAJ is trying to resuscitate a long dead program. Your opinion of his passion NAUSEATES me to the highest levels. Let him drop all the names he wants. CAJ is exactly what the doctor ordered.
I said, I like the guy. I am excited about the hire.....I love Bama hoops...and always have back to the TR, Murray, King days....I just have noticed some personality traits that give me some pause. But, just grab some Pepto and don't let someone's post get you that upset.....

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Nice. He brings a new enthusiasm to Alabama basketball that has been lacking. I am so glad to have a reason to believe things will improve and I will enjoy watching the games again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yea, we should have hired a more reserved coach like Grant. Oh wait we tried that already..

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
again....not questioning the outgoing personality......just hope that he doesn't make it all about him......

and yes, i'm now officially sorry for having an opinion......

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Watching the video my initial impression is that CAJ does seem a bit "Hey! I'm here and I'm great!" But reflecting on the past six years of Bama B-Ball I can say until now I've had little to no interest in the program since before Tony Mitchell melted down. I truly think this guy is just what our B-ball program needs. Coach Grant did little to no program promotion nor was he able to sell himself to recruits, parents, staff or fans. CAJ is starting to earn the first 3 Mil of his six year 18 Mil deal. Top level players will want to play for this guy. I'm good with that!

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
again....not questioning the outgoing personality......just hope that he doesn't make it all about him......

Don't be sorry for your opinion Cajun!! Right now we all, including yourself are hoping he can make good with his talk. I am excited to say the least, but he hasn't won a game at Alabama. But for one I believe he will!!! :) I believed coach Grant would too. :( I expect Bama to win the national championship with coach Johnson! Of course my expectations are high!! Always!!! ;)

B

BroadwayJoe777

Now, if his charismatic personality is all that he brings to the table and we are still missing the Tourney, your suspicions and opinion are warranted. I still have high hopes that he is also good with the x's and o's along with his persona.

Last edited:

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
He is fitting in quite nicely. I think his personality along with his coaching (scrub coaches don't take team to the NBA finals) will make us proud of this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.