Link: Coach AJ Address Football Team

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I like the guy. I just hope his ego will allow for others to shine...... It looked like he tried to interrupt Coach Saban....multiple times. He also is a "name dropper" which (to be honest) is one of the most annoying traits a person can have..... with that said, I sure hope he's genuine. At first it comes off as confidence, but after a while it starts to sound as "compensating" speech....I just hope it doesn't prove to be "over the top" --
I don't consider it "name dropping" when those people have been his friends and associates for the past 20+ years. It's not his fault that they are famous as is he.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I think he just showed you he will be able to recruit !!!! God I miss the days of the PLAID PALACE, THE PLAID PLAYERS & WHIMP. I told whimp a few weeks ago come out of retirement and coach again. " HE SAID THAT SHIP HAS LONG SAILED " I think the guy will do it. It will not be overnight though.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It is sad how far the basketball program has fallen. Into the mid nineties, Bama had the #2 program in the SEC in terms of wins, now they are probably 7 th or 8th. We know from football that one bad hire can mire a program in mediocrity for a decade, no matter how strong the program. One good hire can change things quickly. CAJ may be the hire that brings the program back to the top . No reason Bama can't be a football/ basketball school. I too miss the Plaid Palace, and the CM days at Bama. Maybe we can look back in 20 years and say how great the AVERY JOHNSON days were!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I like the hire better after hearing CAJ's inspiring speech. I believe he believes in himself and if a man doesn't believe in himself, how can he expect anyone else to believe in him. I don't have the certainty of winning a basketball Natl. championship anytime soon, like the certainty I felt after CNS's hire that we would win several football NC's, QUICKLY. Buckle up and hold on, the next 4 years just may be something to remember.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.