Looks like we're playing Arkansas for Homecoming

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

After celebrating the latest homecoming in decades in last year, Alabama's 2015 date is moving back to October.
The annual event will be held Oct. 10 when Arkansas visits Bryant-Denny Stadium. Alabama escaped Fayetteville with a narrow 14-13 win over the Razorbacks last season.
With our schedule, the only other real OOC option was ULM on Sept 26. Arky is a better option than Tennessee or LSU, but October is just going to be brutal.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's definitely not your "Gimme" sure Homecoming win..The Hawgs are a decent team & could always sneak in a win against us if we're not ready for them..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..It's going to be one of the toughest Homecoming Games I can remember us playing Bro..I love playing a tougher schedule & all, but, Arky wouldn't be my 1st choice, to play on Homecoming for sure..It is what it is & will be a tough game, cause the longer Bielema is at Arkansas, the better & tougher they will be to beat, Bert is a better HC, than most fans will admit that he is..I actually wouldn't be surprised in the least bit, if The Hawgs eventually wins the SEC Championship, with Bert as their HC in the next couple of years..Arkansas gave us all we could handle last year as a matter of fact & was one of our tougher games of the year in actuality..
Arky scares me dude, I looked at who they had returning and their roster, and their only gonna be better than last year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is what it is:

we either have homecoming when it is hotter than heck in September or have it one game before the end of the season when it is usually colder and damp.

The team probably doesn't even know homecoming is happening, so we might as well have it when it is best for the people doing the activities.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I know homecoming is supposed to be "play some crappy team you can beat 100-0", but who really cares? We draw 100,000 to every home game, so it isn't like many people make some special effort to come to the game just because it is homecoming and that it is going to boost attendance.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I wonder how a 4 year old will do in a 2 day car drive from NJ to TTown round trip? I'm not sure if my wife would be up for a road trip like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yup..It's going to be one of the toughest Homecoming Games I can remember us playing Bro..I love playing a tougher schedule & all, but, Arky wouldn't be my 1st choice, to play on Homecoming for sure..It is what it is & will be a tough game, cause the longer Bielema is at Arkansas, the better & tougher they will be to beat, Bert is a better HC, than most fans will admit that he is..I actually wouldn't be surprised in the least bit, if The Hawgs eventually wins the SEC Championship, with Bert as their HC in the next couple of years..Arkansas gave us all we could handle last year as a matter of fact & was one of our tougher games of the year in actuality..
I would've actually preferred Tennessee if we were going to play a real threat team, but it is what it is. I think many sec fans have indeed underestimated Bret because of his first season and him whining about auburn, but he is a good coach that knows what he is doing. If I had to put stock on either arky, ole miss, or ATM in the next 3 to 5 years I would definitely put it on arky. Bret is extremely dangerous when he is able to recruit his preferred style of team, and while 7-6 record is typically considered an average season it is actually a big accomplishment in Bret's case with how the SECw was stacked and him having to play with a contrasting pool of players than his (petrino's group). With that being said, I still think for him to take, let alone win, a SEC championship with arky it really he really needs to have alabama and auburn to take a step back or both have average teams. While many would argue that LSU needs to be put into that equation, LSU has been living off talent more than good coaching since 07. I think Bret is atleast equal to Miles in coaching even though miles has a natty, but he did that with Saban's recruits and a weird season as we all know. But then again, Louisiana recruits trump Arkansas recruits most of the time in the modern era. So who knows.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya usaf & had rather play the vols as well or at least a good team like The Hawgs..I never liked playing weak competition for Homecoming, cause lots of alumni travels a many miles every year for Homecoming & I'd rather see a good game instead of a blowout win against the Western Carolina's of college football..That's just me though..

I would've actually preferred Tennessee if we were going to play a real threat team, but it is what it is. I think many sec fans have indeed underestimated Bret because of his first season and him whining about auburn, but he is a good coach that knows what he is doing. If I had to put stock on either arky, ole miss, or ATM in the next 3 to 5 years I would definitely put it on arky. Bret is extremely dangerous when he is able to recruit his preferred style of team, and while 7-6 record is typically considered an average season it is actually a big accomplishment in Bret's case with how the SECw was stacked and him having to play with a contrasting pool of players than his (petrino's group). With that being said, I still think for him to take, let alone win, a SEC championship with arky it really he really needs to have alabama and auburn to take a step back or both have average teams. While many would argue that LSU needs to be put into that equation, LSU has been living off talent more than good coaching since 07. I think Bret is atleast equal to Miles in coaching even though miles has a natty, but he did that with Saban's recruits and a weird season as we all know. But then again, Louisiana recruits trump Arkansas recruits most of the time in the modern era. So who knows.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I agree 100% with ya usaf & had rather play the vols as well or at least a good team like The Hawgs..I never liked playing weak competition for Homecoming, cause lots of alumni travels a many miles every year for Homecoming & I'd rather see a good game instead of a blowout win against the Western Carolina's of college football..That's just me though..
i know there are reasons for playing weak/small schools, but i still hate those games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.