Appears Ricky Tarrant is Transferring

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
It sure seems like both sides handled it well from the statements and what I've read. While I'm sad to see him go, I do wish him well moving forward.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Exactly! I won't name any names but there are 2-3 other players that I would like to see transfer to open up scholly's for other players. Given the caliber of player that I *think* CAJ is going to be able to sign I think we can upgrade our roster very quickly.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb move. You have one of the best PG's in terms of assists ever and you don't want to learn from him. CAJ averaged 13 assists a game his senior season. Ricky would have a chance to turn pro. I guess he'd rather score rather than distribute.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Dumb, Dumb, Dumb move. You have one of the best PG's in terms of assists ever and you don't want to learn from him. CAJ averaged 13 assists a game his senior season. Ricky would have a chance to turn pro. I guess he'd rather score rather than distribute.
That is sorta how I felt watching him this past season, that he might be better suited to be a SG instead of a PG.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Tarrant always seemed a little "different" than the other players but he played with passion and seemed to improve his defensive effort before his injury. I wonder if schoolwork came into play in his decision.

I figured him for a SG as well; he can create and score. If Bama can sign a good player with more years of eligibility in his place then this won't hurt so bad; won't he be a senior this upcoming season? It is kind of late to expect this but there is always hope.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree Tarrant and Obasahan were more scoring guards than assist men.
Honestly, I hope Retin stays put....his defensive energy is insane....and if CAJ can get in his head in a good way -- Retin can be a huge difference maker on D - and may be the best penetrating guard we have.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Tarrant always seemed a little "different" than the other players but he played with passion and seemed to improve his defensive effort before his injury. I wonder if schoolwork came into play in his decision.

I figured him for a SG as well; he can create and score. If Bama can sign a good player with more years of eligibility in his place then this won't hurt so bad; won't he be a senior this upcoming season? It is kind of late to expect this but there is always hope.
He originally signed with Tulane which is supposed to be a fairly high academic standard university. He has already burnt his redshirt year so if he transfers to another D1 program (rumor is Texas Southern) the only way he can do that and be eligible to play is if he will graduate this spring or summer.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wish him well wherever he goes. If he does not want to play here he does not need to be here. It gets one more person here because of Johnson rather than Grant a year earlier which is good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Not sure i understand if the Texas Southern thing is true. Why go there for your Senior year? It is not like he is preparing for the NBA or anything. The team really needed him next year. I can see Gottfried coming in and getting Hale as well. Like Wimp said- next year is going to be very lean no matter who the coach is. Not a good decision in my opinion.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't understand why everyone is being hard on Tarrant... If he don't want to play for Alabama anymore so be it. Hale, Coleman and Retin could transfer.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Yea - this is the selfish existence of this generation. If the rest of those kids transfer next season will be epically bad. I guess all of those kids think they are Trevor Lacey, right?
I don't understand why everyone is being hard on Tarrant... If he don't want to play for Alabama anymore so be it. Hale, Coleman and Retin could transfer.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Honestly, I hope Retin stays put....his defensive energy is insane....and if CAJ can get in his head in a good way -- Retin can be a huge difference maker on D - and may be the best penetrating guard we have.
Me too Cajun. Retin has pro potential. Needs to shoot a little better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.