Appears Ricky Tarrant is Transferring

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I'm not too sure the RT fits in CAJ's guard plans and one of the coaches involved may have been our own...
Earle, as always I defer to your information. But given the thin, talent-deprived roster he has inherited, I'm surprised Johnson has the luxury of running anybody off. It's not like he has six freshman coming in. Maybe he has penciled in some transfers of his own.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The number of transfers don't bother me because college basketball players like to move around. My issue comes with the belief a coach was talking to him while still on scholarship at Alabama.
True. But the frequency of transfers has become a major problem from college basketball -- and struggling basketball programs. Tarrant is one of our more glaring examples.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, as always I defer to your information. But given the thin, talent-deprived roster he has inherited, I'm surprised Johnson has the luxury of running anybody off. It's not like he has six freshman coming in. Maybe he has penciled in some transfers of his own.
I don't know what his contingency plans are, but I don't think he resisted the RT transfer that much...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I don't know what his contingency plans are, but I don't think he resisted the RT transfer that much...
If he didn't encourage it...otherwise, who - after transferring in just a year earlier and with the possibility of starting for an SEC team - would make such a voyage of the dumbed to a marginal D1 program (sorry, Texas Southern and Mike Davis) and the SWAC? Given Avery Johnson's own college pedigree - unwanted in D1 until Southern U. came in late with an offer after he'd already played for two lesser schools - he may figure there are unsung kids out there he can sign and coach toward replicating his own success.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
If he didn't encourage it...otherwise, who - after transferring in just a year earlier and with the possibility of starting for an SEC team - would make such a voyage of the dumbed to a marginal D1 program (sorry, Texas Southern and Mike Davis) and the SWAC? Given Avery Johnson's own college pedigree - unwanted in D1 until Southern U. came in late with an offer after he'd already played for two lesser schools - he may figure there are unsung kids out there he can sign and coach toward replicating his own success.
While that may be true, he is all on board the one-and-done train, and wants to draw guys like that yearly. Also, he stated that he wants 4-year role players (to your point) to mix with the elite guys. But he definitely wants the blue chips, I just hope there's time enough to pull in 1 or 2, with the late start.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.