Appears Ricky Tarrant is Transferring

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Makes sense since I read that Avery Johnson told Dazon Ingram he would be the starting point guard next season

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
That makes me wonder about Retin and/or Justin Coleman, too.
Well someone has to be the backup.....I would guess that Justin is staying but not sure about retain....I think he stays, especially with him being a senior

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Makes sense since I read that Avery Johnson told Dazon Ingram he would be the starting point guard next season
Not doubting you at all, so where did you read that?

That makes me wonder about Retin and/or Justin Coleman, too.
I think Retin would be better at the 2 anyway, but it should be Coleman's job to lose, not just given to Ingram.

What school is he transferring to?
Orlando plays for Kennesaw State, so I guess there? Just...dang. I really thought Tarrant would have flourished under Johnson, so I'm kinda confused.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Doh! I read that article, and somehow missed that nugget.

Meanwhile, if it's Kennesaw State, they're looking for a new coach at the moment themselves. I don't get it... Unless he just really loved Grant that much, and really wants to play with an ex-teammate that badly. A release was already in the works, I guess, so it wouldn't have been what Johnson told Ingram last night that drove him away.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
This explains a lot, including Coach Avery's comments on not wanting to blow things up but that there would be some "hard decisions" moving forward. I'm guessing he knew Tarrant was likely leaving, tried to talk him into staying, then when he knew it wasn't possible, released him and told Ingram he'd be the starting PG.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I figured we would lose somebody just wasn't sure who it would be. Tarrant could have been a valuable member of the team this coming year. Good luck to him.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
So, does that make 3 open roster spots now?
Yes although Ingram has a guaranteed spot if he chooses to take it. We are bound to him, he is not bound to us.

I really hope we can sign at least one big man. We need insider players a lot more than we need guards at this point. However it would be tough to turn down Malik Newman if we could get him (doubtful at this point).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.