JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Spring Football: One week to A-Day, some big questions remain
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
April 12th, 2015 05:35 PM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief April 12, 2015 Lost in the midst of a basketball coaching search and the Jonathan Taylor media saga has been this small, insignificant fact: Oh by the way, Bama fans, spring camp is winding down and there’s a full-blown quarterback battle in full swing. Alabama enters its last week […]

Read More Here

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
As many questions about performance and depth as we've had in a while. The receivers and running back coming in this summer better be as good as advertised. Jess, any inkling on what Grant Hill is confronting?

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
While Blake proved many of us wrong last year, his two previous A Day games definately caused a lot of nervousness last year. I'd much more prefer to have a couple guys step forward and, you know, let us know that we'll be ok with either of them. Last year, we only had hope that Coker would be as good as advertised.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
As many questions about performance and depth as we've had in a while. The receivers and running back coming in this summer better be as good as advertised. Jess, any inkling on what Grant Hill is confronting?
Non-injury-related illness. They haven't identified it yet publicly so I'd prefer to wait until someone at UA does so.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Thanks Jess for a good read. Some questions:
1. Is having a lot of QB prospects at basically the same level a bad thing? My impression is that once CNS settles on a QB he tends to stick with him. Having a bunch of QBs ready to step in provides insurance against injury of the starter - look at tOSU this year.
2. Nice discussion of the offense, but what about the defense? Do things look really good?
3. Finally, what about special teams? Do we have a quality kicker in case Adam does not recover or re-injures himself?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks Jess for a good read. Some questions:
1. Is having a lot of QB prospects at basically the same level a bad thing? My impression is that once CNS settles on a QB he tends to stick with him. Having a bunch of QBs ready to step in provides insurance against injury of the starter - look at tOSU this year.
2. Nice discussion of the offense, but what about the defense? Do things look really good?
3. Finally, what about special teams? Do we have a quality kicker in case Adam does not recover or re-injures himself?
Tru, the Bucks ended up having a bunch of QBs playing at a winning level. I don't hear anything from CNS up to now that says we are anywhere near that point.

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.