Dr Lou out at ESPN

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With Rece now anchoring Game Day and Lou leaving does Mark still have a job?
With all of the sports networks owned by ESPN, I would say that he is pretty safe. He is a lot more polished than most of their "analysts".

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Honestly, I don't really think I'll miss him at all.
+1. Could not stand him. I would literally change the channel when the spittle started heading toward the cameras.

My favorite Lou memory was when he predicted ND to go 8-0 and they went 0-8. You could not be more incorrect than that.

Adios.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
With Rece now anchoring Game Day and Lou leaving does Mark still have a job?
May is a great analyst and always seems to be rational. However, it wouldn't surprise me that with Rece and Lou leaving they don't decide to just start with a whole clean slate.

Needless to say, I'll be watching. I always record the GameDay Final and then watch it first thing Sunday morning.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This pleases me. I understand that ESPN is sports entertainment, but I never found him enlightening or entertaining.
That sums it up for me too. Vitale is in the same category. His speech issues were no big deal to me. I just didn't see where he added anything to the broadcast. His personality is what is annoying.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This pleases me. I understand that ESPN is sports entertainment, but I never found him enlightening or entertaining.
right there with you

it's not the homerism

its not the schtick

it's not even the May/Holtz crap

its the fact that he has a serious and awful speech impediment. like nails on a chalkboard to me and its only been getting worse and worse over the years. I went to a corporate gig a few years ago where he was hired to present as a motivational speaker. All I can think every time I see him is "how in the world do people keep paying to hear this guy talk?". I actually never once listened to a "Dr Lou" segment as it was always muted on my end

This was long overdue

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I thought Lou was o.k..
As far as Verne and Gary, I consider them to be a great team.
I also think Verne is one of the greatest announcers in sports history.
Gary and Verne don't bother me at all. They have great chemistry.

I've said for a while that Verne is absolutely his best in the perch at #16 at Augusta.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'm going to miss old Lou. He caught a lot of flack because of his homerism, but he was a true showman with an unmatched passion and knowledge for the game. He was an annoying old codger, but he is a legend at everything he's done. Halftime won't be the same without him.
You hit the nail squarely on its head! He is OLD. Just how OLD is he? Is this age discrimination?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I thought Lou was o.k..
As far as Verne and Gary, I consider them to be a great team.
I also think Verne is one of the greatest announcers in sports history.
Chris Schenkel and Keith Jackson are in my Hall of Fame with Keith at the very top. I also like Al Michaels. Verne is pretty good also.

Dr. Lou is in my Hall of Shame!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That sums it up for me too. Vitale is in the same category. His speech issues were no big deal to me. I just didn't see where he added anything to the broadcast. His personality is what is annoying.
Vitale is just plain annoying. He should be charged with violating someone's personal space recently with that kiss on the lips of the UK lady.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.