Anthony Grant Goes Home to Billy Donovan

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am told he sold his home here and was living in a condo since early in the season last year.

The shame of it is the kids he coached got cheated.
Not doubting you RJ, but that would be something the media would be all over if true.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Not doubting you RJ, but that would be something the media would be all over if true.
He may have gotten that from me because I posted that awhile back based on information that I had received (second hand) a couple of weeks before the regular season ended. At the time I was told that information the word on the street was that Grant would be back regardless of how the season ended. I do not have proof of that but the way everything unfolded, it fit with everything that has come out since Grant's firing.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The media was just happy to see him go. He was the least accessible coach to the media we have every had. I pretty much confirmed that info with someone in athletics as well. The information he was going to be kept for another year was correct as Battle wanted to keep him. I suspect Battle read him wrong and Grant was not forthcoming as to his plans after the season. When Grant told Battle that he should not announce he would be back in January, he should have seen the writing on the wall. I think he believed Grant still wanted to stay or was lead to believe that. The final result was he had no intentions of staying. The person I spoke to who works in athletics told me she thought he would have resigned had he not been fired. He felt Florida was home and didn't want to be here.That statement speaks volumes about his mindset.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The media was just happy to see him go. He was the least accessible coach to the media we have every had. I pretty much confirmed that info with someone in athletics as well. The information he was going to be kept for another year was correct as Battle wanted to keep him. I suspect Battle read him wrong and Grant was not forthcoming as to his plans after the season. When Grant told Battle that he should not announce he would be back in January, he should have seen the writing on the wall. I think he believed Grant still wanted to stay or was lead to believe that. The final result was he had no intentions of staying. The person I spoke to who works in athletics told me she thought he would have resigned had he not been fired. He felt Florida was home and didn't want to be here.That statement speaks volumes about his mindset.

Oklahoma City, Florida? LOL

Or maybe just working for Billy D was what he felt was home? He can just work and not meet with the media, and all of the other HC stuff he didn't enjoy doing.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
[/B]
Oklahoma City, Florida? LOL

Or maybe just working for Billy D was what he felt was home? He can just work and not meet with the media, and all of the other HC stuff he didn't enjoy doing.
What bemuses me was Eddie Munster's "extortion" attempt over 'Bama's hanging onto Grant ("they better hope he comes back") - and then apparently, as with Sonnyboy Shula and his similar "success," Grant never smelt nor was considered for another D1 head coaching job. Nor will he, would be my guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.