Anthony Grant Goes Home to Billy Donovan

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I figured he'd be a head coach somewhere. Guess he preferred to be an assistant.
Appears he planned to take the year off. Link

In the aftermath of Alabama’s decision last month not to retain Anthony Grant, the coach sat down with his wife to discuss their next move. The most attractive option was to sit out a year and spend time with his family.

The Grants decided they could do that in Gainesville, a place they still called “home.”

But then a spot opened up on Florida coach coach Billy Donovan’s staff and, lo and behold, Grant and the Gators officially were reunited Monday when he was hired to replace outgoing assistant Matt McCall, who Sunday was named head coach at Tennessee-Chattanooga.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I knew this would happen. I figured Donovan would make room for him even if there wasn't an opening but losing McCall just made it that much easier. One positive from this is that it reduces the amount we will owe him over the next 4 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.