Blog: Latest Bama News 4/14/15

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Travis Reier ‏@travisreier 3m3 minutes ago *** Quick Tuesday practice thoughts ...

* Earlier in spring drills, Nick Saban pointed out Cameron Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelly and Dominick Jackson as offensive linemen who had separated themselves from the rest of the group. While I don't know if Bradley Bozeman has joined those guys, it does appear as if the redshirt sophomore in going to go wire-to-wire this spring as the starter at right guard. At least, that appeared to be the case during Alabama's first practice since last Saturday's scrimmage.

* Watching them work side-by-side, Alabama fans should feel really good about the possibility of Robinson and Pierschbacher holding down the left side of the offensive line for the next two years. We already know how good Robinson is. I think we're about to find out the same where Pierschbacher is concerned.
* After watching Reuben Foster take his turn alongside Reggie Ragland at inside linebacker last week, Shaun Hamilton was paired once again with Ragland during Tuesday's practice. What does it mean? In some instances, pairing immediately following a scrimmage caring a good bit of meaning. In this case, I'm hesitant to assign a ton of weight to what we saw during a brief viewing period. In other words, even if Foster was with Ragland today, I wouldn't be ready to declare Foster the winner of the competition.
* Interesting to see Foster working without the elaborate neck support he required last season, especially during a full pad practice. That might be the best news of all for the junior through 12 practices.
* How will the defensive staff make use of the speed it has assembled at outside linebacker? I'm not sure if Tim Williams, Rashaan Evans and Christian Miller are ready for every down roles, but there's little doubt that their ability to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time will be put to use in nickel and dime situations.
* We probably won't see much in the way of exactly how offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin will use his tight ends in the fall, but the pecking order at tight end beyond OJ Howard is something I'll be interested to see during the A-Day game. Obviously, Howard will be used in a number of ways, but there's always the "other" guy in this offense, whether it's a tight end, H back or fullback. Who that is and how he/they will be used remains to be seen.
* Looking ahead, Joshua Frazier is going to be a very important part of the Alabama defensive line in 2016. His versatility will be critical to a unit that will lose Jarran Reed, Darren Lake and possibly A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen.
TR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.