Devin Mitchell to Transfer from Alabama

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
He was one I had on my list of potential transfers. I hate it because he could have developed into a really good shooter for us.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I really don't understand why players (or CAJ) could already know this type of thing. I'm just not sure about all the transfers. I know it's not unusual with a coaching change. Maybe a good house-cleaning is a positive thing -- as long as we can bring in enough bodies to replace them. That's my concern.

EDIT: Well, I read the article and feel a little better about it... again, as long as we have enough players to put a team on the court next year.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I really don't understand why players (or CAJ) could already know this type of thing. I'm just not sure about all the transfers. I know it's not unusual with a coaching change. Maybe a good house-cleaning is a positive thing -- as long as we can bring in enough bodies to replace them. That's my concern.

EDIT: Well, I read the article and feel a little better about it... again, as long as we have enough players to put a team on the court next year.
I see what you mean. Mitchell mentions in the article that Coach Johnson has his own guys he wants to bring in. I feel better after reading that but I want to know who they are!

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I hope Johnson has a plan. There isn't a whole lot left out there. Maybe their are some quality graduate transfers he has an eye on. As it stands we return 2 guards. Brandon Austin, incoming freshman, is listed as a SG/SF. I don't think Austin or Ingram (assuming we get him) are immediate impact players.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Actually, it sounds like he had an option to compete, but didn't want to get burned like he did with Grant.

Coming in, it'd be a fierce competition and he's looking at a lot of guys. Personally, I felt like he was trying to bring in his own players at my spot.
It was just his feeling on the deal. "Personally, I felt like...".

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We all need to understand that basketball is more than putting 5 guys on the court and they adapt to your system. Different Coaches have different systems, philosophies, blah, blah, blah...... and that some players are not a good fit. Bottom line is that players want to play and they want touches so that they can shine and contribute. I have no hard feelings for someone that transfers because "another is always waiting"!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.