Jail for cheating Atlanta teachers

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just aired this story on CNN - the judge gave all defendants an opportunity to take a plea deal and only 2 accepted. They got relative light sentences but the others......well the judge was NOT happy evidenced by his sentencing.

Here's the link to the story - watch the video....wow!

Kudos to Judge Baxter!

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Just aired this story on CNN - the judge gave all defendants an opportunity to take a plea deal and only 2 accepted. They got relative light sentences but the others......well the judge was NOT happy evidenced by his sentencing.

Here's the link to the story - watch the video....wow!

Kudos to Judge Baxter!
I didn't realize they were offered another deal post conviction wow no wonder he was so ....ed. A few took deals early and never went to trial.

wow, accept that you are busted an move on with your life. Don't do 20 years because you can't admit you've already lost

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"wow, accept that you're busted and move on with your life. Don't do 20 years because you can't admit you've already lost"

- -Like- -

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
"wow, accept that your busted an move on with your life. Don't do 20 years because you can't admit you've already lost"

- -Like- -
I edited mine to the proper "you are" rather than your and your post is now making me look stupid :D funny

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
part of me wishes that beverly hall would get convicted and sentenced in absentia.

also, for all of the grief that the ajc gets, they are the ones that broke this story several years ago and got the ball rolling on the investigation.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
While I applaud Judge Baxter's decision, the DOJ, Sharpton, Jackson and the ACLU will pressure a reversal of this sentencing.
I don't think they'll have any luck. Once a sentence is imposed, absent an appeal filed by the defendants' attorney(s) and a review by an appellate court, it remains. The point I'm trying to make is that no person or group outside those directly associated with the trial itself has the legal standing to effect a change in the sentence.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
part of me wishes that beverly hall would get convicted and sentenced in absentia.

also, for all of the grief that the ajc gets, they are the ones that broke this story several years ago and got the ball rolling on the investigation.
Beverly Hall will probably get a school named after her downtown with the way the City of Atlanta Schools goes

Agreed on the AJC they did a nice job here

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.