Former Alabama Player Trevor Lacey Declares for NBA Draft

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Congrats Trevor!!! I've been to Europe two times and it's beautiful. I really think you'll love it over there.
I wish you the best. You will, under no circumstances, be drafted in the first two rounds by an NBA team.
You are now free to fly about the country!

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
with his age, he probably figures he needs to make a move to a level higher than college even if it is overseas or Dleague. he only has about 5 years left in his prime as far as athletic ability goes. and at his height he will need every bit of it at the next level. not that he';s short but the league is an entirely different ball game.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I saw lot of people congratulating his mom on my timeline ( I"m from Huntsville) and the funny thing is no one seems to understand that he's not ready to go to NBA... but you can't tell folks that here in Ville.
Man you ain't kiddin'!!! I had a guy trying to tell me that he killed Duke when he played them and that Quinn Cook and everybody but Okafor on Duke was garbage, but especially Cook....then what happened when Duke last played State? LOL....I had to get him cause Lacey was held to 4 points by gargage Cook and Duke wins the title with Okafor pretty much on the bench LOL. Trevor will not sniff the league...I hate to say that because he's a nice kid, but he lets others fill his head with crap and that's why he left Bama.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I remember his former high school coach saying several years ago that Lacey was the best player Alabama high schools had ever turned out. I just laughed out loud. Not even close.Guess he had never heard of Barkley, Horry Person, Whatley, King and a bunch of other players from the past in Tuscaloosa. Laughable.
Man you ain't kiddin'!!! I had a guy trying to tell me that he killed Duke when he played them and that Quinn Cook and everybody but Okafor on Duke was garbage, but especially Cook....then what happened when Duke last played State? LOL....I had to get him cause Lacey was held to 4 points by gargage Cook and Duke wins the title with Okafor pretty much on the bench LOL. Trevor will not sniff the league...I hate to say that because he's a nice kid, but he lets others fill his head with crap and that's why he left Bama.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I remember his former high school coach saying several years ago that Lacey was the best player Alabama high schools had ever turned out. I just laughed out loud. Not even close.Guess he had never heard of Barkley, Horry Person, Whatley, King and a bunch of other players from the past in Tuscaloosa. Laughable.
Yeah Doss tends to let his mouth spew pure BS sometimes LOL

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I remember watching him playing at Huntsville Time Classic, and I was thinking that dude is good... good enough to play college ball at D1 school... But I never thought he would declare for NBA.... At most... If he does make it to the team, he probably would be riding bench and not playing much for a while...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Now, Doss isn't well-liked here in Huntsville... I remember the whole drama when Wells was let go as Johnson Coach depsite the fact he took the team to the playoff.. and Doss took over the JOhnson team... and that didnt sit right with lot of people... Lot of people would be happy to see him go to Alabama... or to Tennessee..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Not to mention the likes of Allen Murphy -- who probably remains the best that ever was.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Not to mention the likes of Allen Murphy -- who probably remains the best that ever was.

I guess you are just talking HS. Murphy was certainly a Bham HS legend and performed well at Louisville. IMO, Andrew Toney was probably the greatest BB player to ever come out of this state, along with Artis Gilmore and Barkley then King and Person.

Toney was fearless and spectacular at crunch time. Too bad about the injuries. Ainge said it wasn't Magic or Dr. J that concerned him at playoff time, it was Andrew Toney. Barkley said that Toney was the best he ever played with. He played with Erving, Hakeem, Drexler and Pippen - though it was later in their careers. But that is still a great testimony. Many forget how great he was primarily because his career was cut short because of foot injuries.

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama
Now, Doss isn't well-liked here in Huntsville... I remember the whole drama when Wells was let go as Johnson Coach depsite the fact he took the team to the playoff.. and Doss took over the JOhnson team... and that didnt sit right with lot of people... Lot of people would be happy to see him go to Alabama... or to Tennessee..
I believe Wells is the football coach and he is still there.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I guess you are just talking HS. Murphy was certainly a Bham HS legend and performed well at Louisville. IMO, Andrew Toney was probably the greatest BB player to ever come out of this state, along with Artis Gilmore and Barkley then King and Person.

Toney was fearless and spectacular at crunch time. Too bad about the injuries. Ainge said it wasn't Magic or Dr. J that concerned him at playoff time, it was Andrew Toney. Barkley said that Toney was the best he ever played with. He played with Erving, Hakeem, Drexler and Pippen - though it was later in their careers. But that is still a great testimony. Many forget how great he was primarily because his career was cut short because of foot injuries.

If you had one choice, Toney would be a fine one. Murphy is still the best high school player I've ever seen. Whatley would be my runner-up. Neither came close to what Toney or Barkley accomplished as pros.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.