The D has dominated the Spring. How would you feel if the O came alive at A-Day?

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
The D has dominated probably because it's the most talented/deep we've had on the LOS since Saban had become coach here. And they've got a year or more of experience under their belt. These guys are gonna be monsters this year, maybe the best overall unit in the country if they play to their potential. So, with that said, losing 2-3 positions off our O-line is tough for the guys that are getting an opportunity to start this year. Plus being shuffled around on the line. I feel for them. Having to try and gel with the other O-linemen and a new QB.....They could put together a drive or two. But, just think about this, they're going up against in practice against this D,...this will only make em better.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
... not bad?

Really though, there's probably nothing I want to see more on Saturday than some signs that the replacements on offense have or will have what it takes to be a very solid unit. S

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Generally speaking, if the offense dominates in the spring, it's not good news...
Agree Earle, and I don`t think there`s much chance of that on Saturday. I just think that it would be encouraging if the O, especially the OL, showed indications of gelling to the point that they could hold their own against what every knowledgeable pundit and fan seems to think will be most likely be a stellar front 7. However, as if they need it, looks like the weather will favor the D on Saturday.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Everything is scripted. If the offense does well, it's because the coaches wanted it to do well. Generally speaking of course.

But with the defenses and offenses being so bland, it's just really going to be difficult making any sort of judgements.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The D has dominated probably because it's the most talented/deep we've had on the LOS since Saban had become coach here. And they've got a year or more of experience under their belt. These guys are gonna be monsters this year, maybe the best overall unit in the country if they play to their potential. So, with that said, losing 2-3 positions off our O-line is tough for the guys that are getting an opportunity to start this year. Plus being shuffled around on the line. I feel for them. Having to try and gel with the other O-linemen and a new QB.....They could put together a drive or two. But, just think about this, they're going up against in practice against this D,...this will only make em better.
All of that being said, I fully expect the defense to dominate with the scrimmage being a 21-17 type of game...bearing no weird plays or busted coverages.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I certainly hope the defense is dominant. I'd hate to see unproven QB's having their way with such a collection of 4-5 star as we have on D.

However, I'm very optimistic that our offense is gonna be kinda special this year. Nothing against Coker, but I'm hoping it's with one of the young'uns so we start 2016 with a proven QB.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
With all the new starters on offense, and the vanilla packages they'll be running, I'd be stunned if the D looks bad. Still, it'd be nice to see poise at QB and some rhythm between the QB and the WRs.

And maybe a bit of OJ looking like he's got his head on straight. So much potential...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With all the new starters on offense, and the vanilla packages they'll be running, I'd be stunned if the D looks bad. Still, it'd be nice to see poise at QB and some rhythm between the QB and the WRs.

And maybe a bit of OJ looking like he's got his head on straight. So much potential...
Even with a couple of starters missing on the Dline, I would consider it a sign that the Oline was truly coming together if they could win a one on one or two with the guys on the Dline. I don`t think that in any way would mean that the D line wasn`t going to be stellar. I just think that it would indicate that the Oline has a great chance to be really good.

B

BroadwayJoe777

How would you feel if the O came alive at A-Day?

Well, its happening.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Even with a couple of starters missing on the Dline, I would consider it a sign that the Oline was truly coming together if they could win a one on one or two with the guys on the Dline. I don`t think that in any way would mean that the D line wasn`t going to be stellar. I just think that it would indicate that the Oline has a great chance to be really good.
but it's not just a couple of starters on the DL out. 2 of the three true DL starters are out, and our first two options at Jack, which have become the default 4th DL in nickel, are out so we are running one first teamer, two second teamers, and a third string guy across the front as our 'starting' DL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
but it's not just a couple of starters on the DL out. 2 of the three true DL starters are out, and our first two options at Jack, which have become the default 4th DL in nickel, are out so we are running one first teamer, two second teamers, and a third string guy across the front as our 'starting' DL.
Not sure about the accuracy of who you said was on what team but the with the depth on our DL I still liked what I saw at times. I came away pleased with what I saw on both sides of the ball overall.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I think we have the players in place on both sides of the ball to add another NC to our collection, I watched a few Spring Games today, and we at this point look better than any team I watched..And to be a vanilla as we were on offense, I was impressed & surprised, at how well they played against our D..I think Coker all but locked down the starting job today, if he wasn't already our true #1 QB, I kinda wish Coach Saban would go ahead & name Coker our starter at QB..It would give him a boost in confidence & give him the starting reps from here on out & allow Coach Kiffin to build our offense around Coker..JMHO
Not sure about the accuracy of who you said was on what team but the with the depth on our DL I still liked what I saw at times. I came away pleased with what I saw on both sides of the ball overall.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
A Robinson and J Allen would both be starters on the DL, and they were out.

Ryan Anderson has been the #1 Jack, and Devall would be either #1 or #2 if he was healthy. neither played today

so my comment about having two second teamers and a third teamer is accurate. Of course it helps when behind them you plug in guys like D Tomlinson, Pettway or Tim Williams. thankfully we have a lot of very high quality depth across the front, but the ones in today weren't the best we've got.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
A Robinson and J Allen would both be starters on the DL, and they were out.

Ryan Anderson has been the #1 Jack, and Devall would be either #1 or #2 if he was healthy. neither played today

so my comment about having two second teamers and a third teamer is accurate. Of course it helps when behind them you plug in guys like D Tomlinson, Pettway or Tim Williams. thankfully we have a lot of very high quality depth across the front, but the ones in today weren't the best we've got.
I agree some were not our best but who was in there is better than most our OL will see. Your point made it look like our OL had it easy on Sat and we should not be too impressed with what they did and I can not totally agree with that point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.