Britt McHenry dressing down a towing company employee

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, I'm gratified to see that no one on this board has ever acted like a jerk, before. Ever. That's because we're good people.

Seriously, I don't want to see this woman fired from her job. Yes, she was a total jerk to the clerk and got caught. Yes, she is one of many public faces of ESPN and, as such, reflects the image of ESPN.

I'd say a suspension of maybe 3 weeks would suffice.
acting like a jerk is one thing. She personally attacked a person over their intelligence, weight and appearance and acted like her stuff don't stink because she felt better than the person she was talking to. A person that was unbelievably kind of enough to warn this idiot that she was being recorded before she got really nasty. She is clearly a despicable human being, if I were running espn I wouldn't want her working for me. That said I agree this offense isn't fireable but I'd find a reason to get her off my team. Imagine how she treats the hair and makeup people, writers and others "beneath her" in and around the Bristol Studios. Bottom line there are 1000 generic hot blonds that would love to have her spot, why not find one that is a decent human being?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
People go absolutely nuts when being towed. I've seen people do some truly stupid things in the midst of being towed. The Burger King by Children's is constantly watched by a tow company. I've seen people threaten the driver, hop on a moving vehicle, attack the driver, etc.

They try to get in and out fast, and they have it down to an art. Still get caught from time to time.
one of the funnier towing incidents that i saw was when i lived in Alexandria. The store where i was working was right next door to a gold's gym and the clientele had a tendency to park wherever they wanted, just to be close to the front door, this usually involved blocking our store front. we had tons of signs posted that we would tow improperly parked cars and we always did.

anyway, one particularly raging d-bag parked his 911 right in front of our entrance and we called the tow truck. tow truck gets there and starts attaching the car with the front wheels just barely off the ground, guy runs out screaming at the driver, ect. jumps in his car, cranks it and throws it into reverse and backs off of the tow truck. in the process he rips his front bumper off. this was before the age of cell phones, so we didn't capture the moment, but it was a very busy day and there were tons of folks in the parking lot watching and laughing their butts off. im guessing the repairs cost much more than the $75 bucks he would have had to pay the tow company.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
one of the funnier towing incidents that i saw was when i lived in Alexandria. The store where i was working was right next door to a gold's gym and the clientele had a tendency to park wherever they wanted, just to be close to the front door, this usually involved blocking our store front. we had tons of signs posted that we would tow improperly parked cars and we always did.

anyway, one particularly raging d-bag parked his 911 right in front of our entrance and we called the tow truck. tow truck gets there and starts attaching the car with the front wheels just barely off the ground, guy runs out screaming at the driver, ect. jumps in his car, cranks it and throws it into reverse and backs off of the tow truck. in the process he rips his front bumper off. this was before the age of cell phones, so we didn't capture the moment, but it was a very busy day and there were tons of folks in the parking lot watching and laughing their butts off. im guessing the repairs cost much more than the $75 bucks he would have had to pay the tow company.
towing a 911 from the front will cause damage all by itself even without doing what that fool did. A 911 needs a flatbed to be safe, ground clearance is too low.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, I'm gratified to see that no one on this board has ever acted like a jerk, before. Ever. That's because we're good people.
I can honestly say that in my entire adult life I've never, ever treated anyone remotely like this.

I don't want her fired - I couldn't care less about ESPN and had literally never heard of her before this - I simply made the point that if this person represented one of MY companies, she'd be fired for this sort of behavior.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Seriously, I don't want to see this woman fired from her job. Yes, she was a total jerk to the clerk and got caught. Yes, she is one of many public faces of ESPN and, as such, reflects the image of ESPN.

I'd say a suspension of maybe 3 weeks would suffice.
I know what you're saying. And yes, I've been a jerk before and I'm ashamed of it. But never like this. This was despicable, IMO. I guess I should alter my statement that she should be fired... I mean, that's up to ESPN. But if I were her boss, she'd be gone. JMO.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
all the more reason to park a car like that properly :)
yeah

and I have to love the irony of parking illegally to get closer to the gym, you'd think that a little walk wouldn't hurt

and you know what they say, the difference between a Porsche driver and a porcupine, with a porcupine the [insert derogatory term for sharp pointy things starting with a P] are on the outside, with a Porsche, inside

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
yeah

and I have to love the irony of parking illegally to get closer to the gym, you'd think that a little walk wouldn't hurt

and you know what they say, the difference between a Porsche driver and a porcupine, with a porcupine the [insert derogatory term for sharp pointy things starting with a P] are on the outside, with a Porsche, inside
nice.

yeah, we used to get a kick out of the self-important d-bags (this was near wash dc, so that was the primary gym goer) parking right next to the door so they wouldn't have to walk extra to go work out in front of everyone.

this guy had highlights and a tanning-bed tan, so he fit the bill perfectly.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
People go absolutely nuts when being towed. I've seen people do some truly stupid things in the midst of being towed. The Burger King by Children's is constantly watched by a tow company. I've seen people threaten the driver, hop on a moving vehicle, attack the driver, etc.
The thing is, there's no real "losing it" here. No outburst, yelling, or anything like that. She stays calm throughout. Just being an abject B in such a manner as to suggest that it's her standard off-camera persona.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
yeah

Ha ha....Jon that was exactly what went through my head when 92 posted that story about the 911 owner.

So true! ;)

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
She's lucky she didn't get her butt kicked. Towing Co. lady must have valued her job more than Ms McHenry.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I love the fact she played the "you know who I am" card. Hilarious to me. Someone needs to remind her that she is very much replaceable. There is a bunch of barbie graduating from journalism schools as we speak that ESPN can replace her with, so I would tone it down a bit if I was Britt.

With that said, I hate to say it but this incident isn't going to hurt her career, in fact it already has help her career. Those who do not know who she was before this incident, now knows her and Britt got what she wanted, attention.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
She should be fired immediately. How many of y'all can justify keeping someone with such poor judgement and failure to control herself.

The lady TOLD her that she was on video, yet she was either too stupid or too out of control of herself that she just HAD to continue her mean spirited and hateful tirade against this poor woman who was just doing her job.

ESPN should realize that she's just a lawsuit waiting to happen and dump her right away.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.