Britt McHenry dressing down a towing company employee

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm sure most of you have heard about this.

ESPN has suspended her for 1 week.

She issued a weak Twitter apology saying.......

"In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things," McHenry said. "As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road. I am so sorry for my actions and will learn from this mistake."

.........which I believe is as phony as a two dollar bill.

IMHO this situation tells us what kind of person she really is - and is a terrible public relations snafu for ESPN.

A 1 week suspension seems very weak....no matter how hawt she is....

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sad to say, *most* of the hot ones are not good people who use there looks to get where they are in life..

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Naughty girl. Elitist swine. Google the thread title. DeadSpin has a video. Profanity Warning.

Thanks. I hadn't heard about this.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You know I was just thinking - what her parents thought about this.

I've always felt a person's behavior was a direct reflection of their upbringing - hence a reflection of one's parents.

Would love to see a brief interview of their opinion on her little tirade.

Talk about a sense of entitlement.....:rolleyes:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We need one of those trading job situations. Ms. McHenry should be required to work for that towing company for 6 months to a year or be FIRED by ESPN! Maybe the other person should be HIRED by ESPN to replace Ms. McHenry.

I agree seebell, she's an elitist pig. Pretty is as pretty does. And she just became a sow at the trough.

It's like her stuff doesn't stink, but the towing lady's does. The above picture looks like a $3 dollar fake smile.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
We need one of those trading job situations. Ms. McHenry should be required to work for that towing company for 6 months to a year or be FIRED by ESPN! Maybe the other person should be HIRED by ESPN to replace Ms. McHenry.

I agree seebell, she's an elitist pig. Pretty is as pretty does. And she just became a sow at the trough.

It's like her stuff doesn't stink, but the towing lady's does. The above picture looks like a $3 dollar fake smile.
LIke!!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I agree. A normal human being would never stoop so low in their discourse with another person (at least for something as benign as her reason was). Shame on her, and shame on ESPN for not immediately showing her the door.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree. A normal human being would never stoop so low in their discourse with another person (at least for something as benign as her reason was). Shame on her, and shame on ESPN for not immediately showing her the door.
This isn't a story if she isn't a reporter. The average person can do that without making headlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If someone who represented my company acted like that they would be fired. I already have little respect for ESPN, but this kinda cements my opinion of the network as a whole.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
People go absolutely nuts when being towed. I've seen people do some truly stupid things in the midst of being towed. The Burger King by Children's is constantly watched by a tow company. I've seen people threaten the driver, hop on a moving vehicle, attack the driver, etc.

They try to get in and out fast, and they have it down to an art. Still get caught from time to time.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Never heard of her before this incident. She's not hot at all. Anyone who acts like that isn't an attractive person. She should have been fired, IMO.

Another thing. I love it how people like that just love to talk about how intelligent they are in an effort to belittle others. It shows just how small minded they really are.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's a damn good thing she didn't donate money in support of "traditional marriage" or she'd have been fired already.

This is my way of saying CA is correct here, and this sets a bad example.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Well, I'm gratified to see that no one on this board has ever acted like a jerk, before. Ever. That's because we're good people.

Seriously, I don't want to see this woman fired from her job. Yes, she was a total jerk to the clerk and got caught. Yes, she is one of many public faces of ESPN and, as such, reflects the image of ESPN.

I'd say a suspension of maybe 3 weeks would suffice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.