News Article: Jameis Winston Civil Suit - Chickens Come Home

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
May justice be served, even in this form. I hope the truth is outed, whatever it may be.
Like you said, GC, great timing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not advising her, of course, but it would have made more sense to file right after he signs his first multimillion dollar contract. Any judgement which were handed down before he has that asset could be bankrupted out of with little pain. Of course both the contract signing and the suit can be dragged out so long, that it probably won't matter...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Could the current state of how the NFL handles violence against women, keep Winston from even getting drafted? Aren't current players suspended on accusation until investigated? What would that stance do to a potential NFL player? The League has already set a precedent on how it treats current players. Could this lawsuit keep him from even getting into the League?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Could the current state of how the NFL handles violence against women, keep Winston from even getting drafted? Aren't current players suspended on accusation until investigated? What would that stance do to a potential NFL player? The League has already set a precedent on how it treats current players. Could this lawsuit keep him from even getting into the League?
Maybe he could be drafted but impact would be felt re: and contract? Of course, that puts any team that drafts him at some risk. Really, I expect he will be drafted and sign a contract before this gets resolved. Who knows how the league will handle it then.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Probably getting a little closer to the statute of limitations, plus there is no way he could get through a bankruptcy proceeding before he need to get on the field.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
She is someone's daughter. How would Coach Jimbo handle it if she was his daughter? Would he support his daughter or
his QB?

I just hope the TRUTH comes out in this situation. If the truth is that he is guilty, $15,000 would be like tip money. As a result,
she dropped out of FSU and has possibly lost lots of money in whatever future earnings she was going to make.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
What if they aren't true?
Then I guess he can shop and pay for food he throws in his cart in the fish department at Publix or possibly get it free like the last time.

You will know them by their fruits? Theft, abusive language, etc. What are his fruits?

I just hope the truth comes out. I think I know who I believe, but I could be wrong. But I doubt it.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
This isn't going to affect his draft status at all. It was pretty much known that this would happen one day (unless Jameis settled with her).

I doubt that Goodell will suspend him either because it happened at FSU. But who knows? It should have been Jimbo that suspended him.

I do think that Jameis would be stupid not to settle. If he doesn't, then the lawsuit will probably bring a lot more evidence out in public.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
This isn't going to affect his draft status at all. It was pretty much known that this would happen one day (unless Jameis settled with her).

I doubt that Goodell will suspend him either because it happened at FSU. But who knows? It should have been Jimbo that suspended him.

I do think that Jameis would be stupid not to settle. If he doesn't, then the lawsuit will probably bring a lot more evidence out in public.
Jameis would be stupid not to settle, but I'm not so sure she wants to reach a settlement. I think it's about the pain at least as much as the money.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I don't think Goddell will get involved in this one only because the DA didn't bring charges. She is suing, Winston will pay her to remain quiet as part of the settlement.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I don't think money is her motivation and that she wants the truth about Winston exposed, vindication for herself. If she settles I will be less inclined to believe her story.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I don't think money is her motivation and that she wants the truth about Winston exposed, vindication for herself. If she settles I will be less inclined to believe her story.
Settling would certainly give ammo to those saying she is doing this for the money. But those who believe that would probably also find vindication in her taking it to court where she may be awarded even more.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I think her timing is perfect assuming he is lying and guilty. Could this possibly be the reason the Bucs may be backing off? Who knows....But I remember another big situation where a person was acquitted in criminal court only to have it do a 180 in civil court. How is OJ doing now?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.