Link: Johnson expects no more transfers and to add 3 more players

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
It looks like all the players who were going to leave have left. Johnson also said that he will add 3 more players in addition to Austin and Hall.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Avery-Johnson-doesnt-expect-to-see-more-transfers-36827752

The Alabama basketball team is down to seven scholarship players after guards Ricky Tarrant and Devin Mitchell were recently granted releases from their scholarships. But new Crimson Tide head coach Avery Johnson does not expect to see any more departures, as he said at the team's awards banquet Thursday.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I thought, with the Tarrant and Mitchell transfers we would have 4 openings, including the spot we're holding open for Ingram? Maybe he is holding out for the next crop.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
We had 3 available spots before the two transfers. So with those it makes it 5 now. We have 2 signed, and I assume Ingram signs today (taking up one of the final 3 spots) leaving us 2 more spots to fill.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
We had 3 available spots before the two transfers. So with those it makes it 5 now. We have 2 signed, and I assume Ingram signs today (taking up one of the final 3 spots) leaving us 2 more spots to fill.
When Ingram was committed before, and there were transfers yet, we had one spot to recruit for. Then he de-committed (and has now re-committed), and there were the two transfers. So doesn't that leave three openings now that Ingram is back in the fold?

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Correct, there's only 7 scholarship players left on the roster. You can have 13 on scholarship. We now have 3 signees so there are 3 spots left open. I guess Coach Avery is planning on rolling this coming year with one open spot. That makes sense because the local talent is supposed to be a whole lot better the next couple of years.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If he is only going to carry 12, I would like to see him give the last scholarship to a deserving walk-on player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.