ADMIN NOTE: Maintenance in progress - PM function turned on again - read this.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
We're working on optimizing some servers & databases. May go offline intermittently over next few minutes. Do not panic. I repeat: Do not panic! :)

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Re: Maintenance in progress - site may go offline for a few minutes.

Thursday 4/30/15 10am CDT

Hey folks, we had a database issue last night beginning around 5pm. It was resolved around midnight and the site is stable. I will be working over the next few days to clean up some things that are causing the issue. We may have some intermittent downtime over the coming days/weeks but I expect to be able to give you some notice.

Thanks again for your patience and support!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Thank you for all the hard work in keeping the site running....it's GREATLY appreciated! :)

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Thanks!

Also, I've just turned Private Messaging off for maintenance. There is a query hitting the PM table that keeps hanging to the point of locking up the database and bringing everything to a grinding halt. Will keep everyone updated. Until then, PMs will be off.

Thanks again for your patience!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

The PM function is turned back on.

HOWEVER and unfortunately, the root cause of last night's site outage was a corrupted PM table caused by queries that kept hanging and eventually crashed the database server. We tried to restore the PM data but were unable to recover it - that table was a mess AND the PM table is not stored in plain text (for privacy reasons) so it's not like the message forum where we can see obvious errors. Thus, all PMs have been wiped out. Even the backups seem to have the same issue when restored - resulting in the server to crash again.

I'm really, really, really sorry about this. We will keep working on it and are continuing work behind the scenes throughout today and tonight to observe what might have caused the issue. I'll keep you updated if there is any new (or good/bad) news out of this.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I suspect your task is not over, yet. I have 85 messages stored, of the grand total of zero in inbox and sent folders.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Please take your time - there's no emergency. It's the off season so better to have a glitch (or glitches) now then in season.

We do appreciate all you do - first cold one is on me if the time ever comes. :)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Thanks for the update. And thank you for this great site!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

The PM function is turned back on.

HOWEVER and unfortunately, the root cause of last night's site outage was a corrupted PM table caused by queries that kept hanging and eventually crashed the database server. We tried to restore the PM data but were unable to recover it - that table was a mess AND the PM table is not stored in plain text (for privacy reasons) so it's not like the message forum where we can see obvious errors. Thus, all PMs have been wiped out. Even the backups seem to have the same issue when restored - resulting in the server to crash again.

I'm really, really, really sorry about this. We will keep working on it and are continuing work behind the scenes throughout today and tonight to observe what might have caused the issue. I'll keep you updated if there is any new (or good/bad) news out of this.
I agree with the above comments. I sure hope that the stored PMs can be saved. I had several from Rich I treasured and the missive I sent you, Brett. Thanks for all you do, and giving us the best website available!!!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I agree with the above comments. I sure hope that the stored PMs can be saved. I had several from Rich I treasured and the missive I sent you, Brett. Thanks for all you do, and giving us the best website available!!!
We continue to work on it but not looking good right now. :(

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I think I talk for all Tidefans users, take what time you need to sort this mess out so everything is up and running for fall camp!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I understand your frustration.

I have had the same issue with backup being corrupted TWICE. Once with Microsoft Money and once with a Microsoft Office spreadsheet. BOTH These were important files. THANK YOU BILL GATES for lost data.

Now I keep my important stuff on paper -- and locked up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.