***** 2017 RB Najee Harris SIGNS with Alabama *****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ***** 2017 RB Najee Harris Commits to Alabama *****

Can't wait to see the De La Salle defense against Najee on Friday 10pm CST ESPNU.
De La Salle is a national powerhouse year in, year out with a very stout D. They once had a 12 year, 151 game win streak, of which my high school team almost beat them toward the beginning of the streak, except for an 80 yard pass TD with less than a minute to play.
I watched the movie last year. Amazing feat for De La Salle. Thanks for the heads up on the game being on TV.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Might be a tough night for Najee tonight.
That really good DeLaSalle defense is going to be keying in on him. They'll be looking to shut him down, and make the rest of the Antioch offense try to beat them. These DeLaSalle coaches are better than many college coaches. They get the best out of some pretty good athletes that allows them to have consistent success against even more talented teams.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

De La Salle stopped Harris all right, holding him to 132 rushing yards — 75 below his low total of the season — and a single touchdown. Last season he had two lower rushing totals, games of 126 and 105, but in those lopsided wins he had a combined 12 carries. On Friday, he carried 32 times for a measly 4.1 yards per carry.

Nation's No. 1 recruit Najee Harris and Antioch fall short at De La Salle - MaxPreps

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Ya, but you can tell that Najee has serious talent, definite it factor. He was hit behind the line on most of his carries, and a smooth 40 yard TD got called back due to a penalty.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

We had 2 true freshman RBs get significant playing time in today's game. Hopefully Harris realizes if he chooses Bama he will see the field as a freshman..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Looking at the number of true freshmen getting playing time in recent years, Najee Harris must understand that if you earn the right to play, you will play. Who would have ever thought Alabama would start a true freshman QB in the 2nd game of the season? Mr. Hurts earned the right to start. Najee will be treated the same way -- if he earns the right to start/play, he will.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Ya, but you can tell that Najee has serious talent, definite it factor. He was hit behind the line on most of his carries, and a smooth 40 yard TD got called back due to a penalty.
Harris didn't have much blocking support last night, plus he was going against a very good D who was keying on him every play.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

I agree he had little blocking in the part of the game I watched. He looks good. What worried me is that he got the ball on virtually every play and everyone in the stadium knew what was coming. He is taking a beating.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

We do have true freshman playing well. He could just be about playing time and head coaches being stuck to his jock strap like harbaugh does. Good luck to the young man regardless. I'm sure what seems like a no brainer decision for us can be quite challenging for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

yeh, probably a playing time issue. He's good, but he'd be behind both Harris and Jacobs at least. Thats not even counting Bo and Emmons. I hope he sticks. But he obviously is thinking about other options.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

As soon as I saw the latest news, I was like, let the fun begin lol

Seriously though, PT is very rarely a tool that rival schools can use against us. The records show that WE PLAY FRESHMEN, as long as you can work hard, learn the system and do what it takes to make the team successful. I mean just ask, Jalen, B.J., Minkah, Deron, Tony, Mack, Trevon, Josh, Calvin, and the list goes on and on ...

At the end of the day, I think he's fine and is just playing the recruiting game.

Michigan barely has a top 10 class and how its looking will have a hard time having a top 15 ranked class come NSD. While both Bama AND OSU will easily have top 5 classes ... which means they are in a prime spot to compete for the CFP championships for the next 3-4 years ... Michigan will be competing to be 2nd or 3rd best in the Big 10 for the next 3-4 years ... I'm just saying

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He can always come in and take one of the spots from Emmons, Jacob or Scarbough. I wouldn't be shocked to see bo moving to Te next year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Maybe RTR91, or someone else, can back me up on this but I _THINK _ he is playing the media on this.

I may be proved wrong, but I still feel good about this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

He can always come in and take one of the spots from Emmons, Jacob or Scarbough. I wouldn't be shocked to see bo moving to Te next year.
I think Bo's health is a concern and I think BJ's academics are a longer term concern (along with Bo's) so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Harris become part of a 3 back rotation if he does decide to come to the Capstone.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I doubt he could take a spot from Jacobs, because the kid is just so good...but Harris is the real deal, and will see snaps next year. He's too good not to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.